• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mimzy-Pip-Fiver all home but still uncomfy U/D post #17

What a difficult day for you all! I really hope that all the buns are a bit more comfortable now.

Sending loads of vibes for them and hugs for you xx

Oh good grief. The poor wee mites. I hope everyone (including you) have had a peaceful night.

If if helps, my vet's view is a rabbit can have up to twice the body-weight dose of a dog in respect of Metacam - I've never gone to that but I have gone to a 15kg dog dose for 9 kg of bunny. I hope that may help. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finally about to turn in (2a.m.)

Still no joy for Fiver. He's all hunched up next to me looking like he's the one who drank Starbucks today instead of me. :(

Mimzy is not good. Head tilt has worsened and his nystagmus is constant. He didn't have enough metacam today (missed his noon dose) so probably some inflammation afoot and he had his ears cleaned to get hold of that bacterial infection plus his steroid drops are something else invasive, so I'm guessing his inner ear has taken some abuse. If he gets worse or I don't see improvement in a few days I'll have to take him back in. :(
His wound looks awful and his skin looks so puckered that I'm thinking removing the lipoma was a mistake. All I've done is make him more miserable. :cry:

My poor boys. I really wish we had people like your FHB vetting here...I like my vet but there is so much more to rabbit care than what we think we know in the U.S. :?

Healing Vibes for your buns and I just wanted to say I hope things look a little brighter after some rest x

Sorry I missed your appointment vibes but sending millions of healing vibes for your bunnies & some spare calming vibes for you x

Back