• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
Can rabbits have willow, as in off a willow tree? I've been told it's good for them but have never heard of it before. On saying that, our rabbits loved eating our willow tree at the bottom of the garden (but this was 40 years ago...).

Hi Angie b,
There are some willow trees, and loads of hawthorn trees, on redcar road between redcar and marske, you know where the bridge is over the railway. I often forage a bit of willow and hawthorn from there when I'm out and about.:thumb:

yes. bisc and matts shed was under a willow tree. i used to shake the branches and all the leaves would fall in their run :love:

Definitely YES :thumb:

My Dumplin can't get enough :roll: fresh or dry and crispy :D

It also has some pain relief properties in when dry as it has some aspirin properties in it:thumb:

I go down to the back pub car park and cut their tree :oops: I wonder if they know who's been pruning it for them :lol:

Are both willow leaves and twigs okay for them? I live next to a river so have tons of willows about, never realised they could eat it! :)

Back