• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing myself and my bunny

HelenSB

Warren Scout
Hi everyone.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while so decided it's time I signed up. I have just the one bunny at the moment, hes a lop eared cross, coming up to 9 months old and is called Mr Higgins.
This is the first time I've owned a rabbit so will be very grateful for any advice from all you fellow bunny owners. I think I will need some guidance regarding keeping Mr Higgins warm and comfy during the winter month's.
I will add some photos as soon as I have time and will tell you a bit more about myself and Mr Higgins.
I look forward to chatting to you all.

Hello and welcome to you and mr Higgins! :wave:

Rabbits cope with the cold better than you might expect, but they cannot cope with damp and draughts so the most important thing is to damp proof your hutch or shed and keep draughts out. I use snugglesafe heatpads for my two on very cold nights and also a hidey box stuffed with straw- although they usually kick all the straw out in a huff!

Of course the best thing for keeping warm in winter is a bunny friend ;)

welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing more about your bunny and perhaps some pictures? :wave:

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes.
I'm cooking the Sunday dinner at the mo but trying to keep an eye on the forum as well. I shall be back this afternoon to post a bit more and hopefully work out how to post pics.

Mobile%20Uploads

Time to tell you all a bit more about myself and Mr Higgins. Mr Higgins is almost 9 months old and is a lop eared cross. I'm probably a bit biased but he's very cute and so loveable. At the moment he doesn't have a friend as circumstances aren't allowing me to have another rabbit but hopefully in a few months time the situation will have changed and I can think about getting him a friend.
Mr Higgins lives in a 6ft Ryedale hutch, which cost me a fortune but I believe he's worth it. He also has a separate 4ft run which he spends quite a few hours in every day. He likes to come indoors for a few hours every day when time allows.
He's quite a character and although I've only had him since March he's got me wrapped around his little paw.
As for me, I'm currently a carer for my Mum. I stopped working almost 4 years ago to care for my Dad who sadly passed away last year. Now I'm caring for my Mum who is recently out of hospital after suffering a stroke and heart attack so I'm kept very busy at the moment.
I have many questions to ask you good people who know a thing or two about keeping rabbits so I shall be back another time to pick all your brains.
Thanks for reading and I'll chat to you all soon.

Who knows by then I might have working out how to post some pics. I struggling with it at the moment!

Back