• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving from inside to outside

Louwillis

Young Bun
Ok so here is my latest dilemma. My OH is adamant that Nutmeg is not allowed to stay in the house over winter despite him still not being 100% he still has tilted head rolls on occasion and is on several meds a day.
How long can I keep him inside and still have time for him to get his winter coat? He has a standard wooden hutch but is on his own as he was only just old enough to be neutered when he fell ill and had to cancel the appt. he has a check up at the vets on Friday so will seek advice there as well but thought you guys may be able to help

Thanks in advance x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never done it myself but I would think that he would need to be outside now-ish if he was going to be outside for winter. However, I also wouldn't put him outside if he is still recovering, just in case he does get worse. Are you planning on getting him neutered when he is recovered? If so I would also want to keep him inside because he will need to be in to recover after that.

Being outside on his own could be quite lonely after spending time in the house surrounded by people. Have you any way of keeping him inside for this winter and then putting him outside next spring- that way you could adopt him a friend over the winter and they could go outside together?

i'd put your o/h out instead ;):lol:

seriously though, i personally wouldn't put nutmeg out over winter if he is still recovering and if he's alone. :( x

Unfortunately my OH refuses to let him stay inside so really not sure what to do at the moment.

He will be neutered as soon as he is well enough then the plan was to put him in with our other 2 bunnies but I can't see that happening before the winter. They were kept in seperate hutch before he was ill as he is about 3-4 months younger than the other 2.

Will have a chat with the vet on Friday and see what he says.

Any more suggestions would be most welcome in the mean time xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't know then :( shame there can't be the compromise of him staying in until he's well and been neutered and then go out in spring. i think for the sake of nutmeg i'd insist. surely you should meet in the middle if he says no and you say yes. anyway, good luck. hope you manage to work something out :wave:

Back