• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Twinkle is really poorly UD shes HOME

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
Twinkly my 7.5 year REW didn't want breakfast this morning. Been here before so I did the infacol and tummy massage, I could hear the gurgling and feel it on occasion.

Usually within an hour shes fine but not today. I got an appointment for 3.30 today but she suddenly went into decline, laid totally stretched flat out, stomach flat on the floor, eyes only half open, shaking and cold all within about half an hour, prior to that she was still sat up, just not eating/drinking.

I rang the vet and they said bring her straight in.

Shes really dehydrated her skin was 'tenting' when the vet lifted it and her belly was loud and doughy.

Shes been admitted, put on a drip, had some injections and its a wait and see.

Beth is devastated. Im really upset and once again its as we are going away, luckily not till Friday so we have time to see her through. Currently the bill stands at £118, luckily I have it but I cant tell my hubby how much it is.

Last edited:
Many healing vibes for Twinkle. I am sorry she's feeling so poorly. :( (((((((Hugs))))))
Hoping she'll recover soon. xxxxxxxx

Really hoping the vet can help her. Nothing worse than this happening when you are about to go away. :(

Shes home:D

I got an update on the phone saying if she carried on in the right direction she could come home tonight.

Shes had fluids, pain relief, gut stimulants, the full works judging by the bill. Shes had critical care but started eating anything and everything at the vets and drinking too.

So shes back with her boys, shes been washed from the tip of her nose to the end of her tail by both boys while she just sat in the middle of a pile of hay munching away like shes not been ill.

I know you fellow rabbit folk will understand the relief I am feeling. Shes back at the vets in the morning to make sure things are ok. Shes got pain relief to be given for the next few days.

Beth is smiling again and my bank account is crying

Shes home:D

I got an update on the phone saying if she carried on in the right direction she could come home tonight.

Shes had fluids, pain relief, gut stimulants, the full works judging by the bill. Shes had critical care but started eating anything and everything at the vets and drinking too.

So shes back with her boys, shes been washed from the tip of her nose to the end of her tail by both boys while she just sat in the middle of a pile of hay munching away like shes not been ill.

I know you fellow rabbit folk will understand the relief I am feeling. Shes back at the vets in the morning to make sure things are ok. Shes got pain relief to be given for the next few days.

Beth is smiling again and my bank account is crying

Great stuff. :thumb:

Hide the bank statements...

Great stuff. :thumb:

Hide the bank statements...

LOL. Ive raided the house, gone through all the places you stash bits of change:lol: with my blitz cash from a house yesterday and emptying my purse, Beth lending me some, I was only £11 short that had to come out of the account......for now.

I'm really glad she's home & had a good wash :) hope she's back to her usual self now. Keep munching vibes x

Shes been for a check up this morning and is fine, still hydrated. Shes eating, drinking, wee'ing , poo'ing.

Now on pain relief for 5 to 7 days, we go away Friday but its all under control. Put the medicine on a shreedie and if you blink you miss her eating it:lol: So not a problem for my neighbour and shes our only white rabbit so she cant get it wrong

Awwwwh I'm so glad she's ok! Hopefully all continues to go well! Her boys we're looking after her haha!

Back