• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbie rabbit owner

Unconformity

Warren Scout
Hello all! I actually joined a couple of years when thinking about getting a rabbit, but after reading some of the threads on here realised my children were just too young. Now my youngest is 6 and sensible enough to be around rabbits we have Hopscotch, a 4 month old dwarf lionhead cross. Now he is neutered we have an appointment with the animal sanctuary to start the process of finding him a girlfriend. I am super excited!

Hi :wave:

Well done and thank you for doing some research before getting bunnies! :D :love: I will warn you though, I joined this forum with one rabbit.. now I have 6 ;) :lol:

Would love to see some photos? :D

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: well done for doing your research :thumb:

welcome to the forum, well done on doing your research first, good luck finding a rescue bun friend to bond with your bun x

yve4upyp.jpg

Thanks, I'm worried about him this morning though. He has nibbled at his back and made it very sore :-(. He has an appointment at the vets for 5pm for his post op check, but what can I do to treat in the mean time? If one of my daughters hurts thenselves I know precisely what to do but here I'm at a loss!
ede7e5un.jpg

I would bathe it with some cooled salt water but I wouldn't put any creams on it until the vet had seen it.

They can be a worry!!

Thanks, will do! Thinking about it he had his vaccinations the previous Tuesday so might be something to do with that

Thanks, will do! Thinking about it he had his vaccinations the previous Tuesday so might be something to do with that

Yes, bunnies can get localised scabbing at the injection site. Sounds like it could be a wee reaction to that.

Back