• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D as to why Buster, Paddington, Pippa and Marmalade died.

I have just read this thread, and I'm appalled at what I've read. I'm so so sorry for what you & your beautiful bunnies have suffered. I read something in the papers recently about this happening to someone else, I think it was their cat that was seized & pts for no reason.
Binky free beautiful bunnies xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Paul, and I guess it is a bit of a warning as well to people like myself who have a real passion for 'special needs' bunnies, to maybe try and be more aware, that others seeing them may not have any knowledge at all of rabbits, let alone 'special needs' ones, and may jump to their own totally inaccurate assumptions as to what is going on with them.

It does make me feel sad, that previously whenever anyone came to my house, I loved introducing them to my buns, and no doubt almost bored them to death with their life stories, but I don't at the moment feel able to do that for obvious reasons, and don't even really want to open my door at all now.

It is very sad that someone such as yourself who is dedicated to taking on Bunnies that otherwise would have little hope of finding a loving home and a better life should become the vicim of a perceived authority that because of their own blinkered view of the world make bad decisions before they are even in possession of all the facts.

It should be a warning to us all that we should be aware that others may not understand the care we give to special needs buns and that we must be prepared to defend ourselves against bigoted individuals who in an attempt to do good actually do more harm because they fail to see the big picture.

Sending you and your furry friends healing vibes to help you move on from these tragic circumstances, I hope that you all can find some justice along the way.

Paul

Last edited:
Regardless of the whys and wherefores, you have lost 3 precious buns and I'm so sorry for this and the pain you are suffering.

Binky free babies xxx ((Hugs)) for your mum x

I have just read this thread, and I'm appalled at what I've read. I'm so so sorry for what you & your beautiful bunnies have suffered. I read something in the papers recently about this happening to someone else, I think it was their cat that was seized & pts for no reason.
Binky free beautiful bunnies xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Solicitor I instructed dealt with that case as well and it was very sad. Oh and by the way, I didn't actually need to instruct a solicitor, but with what was going on, and the others being put to sleep, it seemed the right thing to do, to bring in somebody in a more authoritative position than myself to keep tabs so to speak on the others, and prevent any more losses.

The cat was 16 and had been with his family since a kitten. He was a long haired variety, and needed a lot of regular grooming, which he hated. For so many years he was being taken to a vet to have a light anesthetic, so that grooming could take place, but as he got older that no longer became an option. He liked to lay on the husbands lap and fall asleep while he was being stroked, and then his wife would trip of any obvious mats as best she could while he was snoozing.

The next door neighbor called in the rspca after seeing the cat looking so tatty in the garden and he was seized by them, and the husband was actually prosecuted by them for 'willful neglect'. It took 2 years for the case to go to court and the rspca paid out a ridiculous amount of money bringing the case to court, and no doubt out of donations made by the public, for it to be thrown out by the judge on the first day because of insufficient evidence. That poor family having that hanging over them for all that time. I know I found the stress of 7 weeks nearly unbearable.

When the cat had been seized and the family then informed that he was going to be put to sleep, they begged them to let them bring him home for one last night so that they could say their goodbyes, and then they would take him to their own vet and the Inspector could attend with them if deemed necessary, but this was also refused, and they have been fighting ever since to get his ashes returned but I doubt that will ever happen, and if it did I doubt it would even be their cats.

Actually recalling that terrible ordeal for that family just makes my blood boil with hatred for them now to be honest. Who the hell do they think they are bringing such misery into people's lives, with their 'bullyboy' tactics. That poor cat must have been totally bewildered after having been with his family all his life and then taken by strangers, to a unfamiliar place, and put to sleep. I doubt anyone even bothered to hold him and make a fuss of him, before he passed away, and they call that animal welfare and compassion!!

Personally, I'd like to see them disappear of the face of the earth, and I fully intend to publicly slaughter them for what they did to my beloved buns, and all the other families and animals lives they have destroyed. I have a meeting with my MP next week, and the government is already seriously peeved of with them, and there is talk of taking their powers of prosecution away, and if I can help that along by just a little bit, then that will be one step closer to getting them back to doing the job they were originally set up to do, which was to promote animal welfare, not destroy them!!

For all the comments that have been posted about only hearing one side of the story, well you will soon be able to hear both, because the best bit of advice the Solicitor gave me, was to record every single conversation I had with them, and that is exactly what I have done. I only ever spoke to them on my land-line on speaker phone, so that I could record the conversations on my mobile, so now we'll see who's telling the truth won't we :evil::evil:

Personally, the Chief Executive should be seriously concerned about what people are going to hear, and I am delighted in a strange way to be able to provide this evidence, and with what happens afterwards, at least that will be some sort of justice for Buster, Paddington, Pippa and Marmalade :love::love::love::love:

The Solicitor I instructed dealt with that case as well and it was very sad. Oh and by the way, I didn't actually need to instruct a solicitor, but with what was going on, and the others being put to sleep, it seemed the right thing to do, to bring in somebody in a more authoritative position than myself to keep tabs so to speak on the others, and prevent any more losses.

The cat was 16 and had been with his family since a kitten. He was a long haired variety, and needed a lot of regular grooming, which he hated. For so many years he was being taken to a vet to have a light anesthetic, so that grooming could take place, but as he got older that no longer became an option. He liked to lay on the husbands lap and fall asleep while he was being stroked, and then his wife would trip of any obvious mats as best she could while he was snoozing.

The next door neighbor called in the rspca after seeing the cat looking so tatty in the garden and he was seized by them, and the husband was actually prosecuted by them for 'willful neglect'. It took 2 years for the case to go to court and the rspca paid out a ridiculous amount of money bringing the case to court, and no doubt out of donations made by the public, for it to be thrown out by the judge on the first day because of insufficient evidence. That poor family having that hanging over them for all that time. I know I found the stress of 7 weeks nearly unbearable.

When the cat had been seized and the family then informed that he was going to be put to sleep, they begged them to let them bring him home for one last night so that they could say their goodbyes, and then they would take him to their own vet and the Inspector could attend with them if deemed necessary, but this was also refused, and they have been fighting ever since to get his ashes returned but I doubt that will ever happen, and if it did I doubt it would even be their cats.

Actually recalling that terrible ordeal for that family just makes my blood boil with hatred for them now to be honest. Who the hell do they think they are bringing such misery into people's lives, with their 'bullyboy' tactics. That poor cat must have been totally bewildered after having been with his family all his life and then taken by strangers, to a unfamiliar place, and put to sleep. I doubt anyone even bothered to hold him and make a fuss of him, before he passed away, and they call that animal welfare and compassion!!

Personally, I'd like to see them disappear of the face of the earth, and I fully intend to publicly slaughter them for what they did to my beloved buns, and all the other families and animals lives they have destroyed. I have a meeting with my MP next week, and the government is already seriously peeved of with them, and there is talk of taking their powers of prosecution away, and if I can help that along by just a little bit, then that will be one step closer to getting them back to doing the job they were originally set up to do, which was to promote animal welfare, not destroy them!!

For all the comments that have been posted about only hearing one side of the story, well you will soon be able to hear both, because the best bit of advice the Solicitor gave me, was to record every single conversation I had with them, and that is exactly what I have done. I only ever spoke to them on my land-line on speaker phone, so that I could record the conversations on my mobile, so now we'll see who's telling the truth won't we :evil::evil:

Personally, the Chief Executive should be seriously concerned about what people are going to hear, and I am delighted in a strange way to be able to provide this evidence, and with what happens afterwards, at least that will be some sort of justice for Buster, Paddington, Pippa and Marmalade :love::love::love::love:

Thank god you did this. I would never think to.
Show the public for what they are.

We've already spoken about this but I'd like to say again how sorry I am for what's happened :( I'm just worried about the newspapers twisting the story and making you feel worse, because they really do just twist/make up/put in whatever they feel like. Do you have references from Simon and the rescues you've adopted from to give to the press?

I do not know exactly what has happened here so I can't comment on what has happened to you and the buns, however I must stress that taking away the RSPCA's prosecution powers will basically cripple them. They are currently the major organisation prosecuting people for wildlife crime and I believe stripping this of them will spell the end of our wildlife. I am not a fan of them but they do SOME good when it comes to prosecuting criminals...that's about the only thing they are good for, though. Our "government" has been after this for a long time since the Heythrop hunt (David Cameron's hunt) was prosecuted of illegal hunting.

Binky free little buns. I hope you get some answers.

I 100% believe this is true.

I know of similar cases from volunteers who work for that charity and how this charity will tell what ever lies to cover things up.
There are some rescues who operate under the name of this charity which do excellent work, but they are a small minority.
This charity is run like a big commercial cooperation with managers who originally came from the private sector and have introduced the ethics from big cooperations.
They have big marketing budgets and invested a lot of donations into their swanky head offices.

I am very grateful you made your story public and it tallies with what I have heard from volunter.

The most effective thing you can do is to go to the press. This charity needs to refocus again and target all their efforts to the welfare of animals.

Personally I as a principal only support small idependent rescues where I know who runs it and what really goes on.

Having worked all my life for big cooperations (and still) do, I will question things and do not easily believe the stories companies/organisations/ charities feed the general public.... there always is a hidden profit driven agenda.

I am sending you lots of vibes and hope you have got the strength to overcome the injustice that was done to you and your beloved pets..

Last edited:
I am horrified by your experience and I hope you receive the retribution you seek, to find closure for your losses :( Binky free buns and piggy xx

What a traumatic experience for you and your bunnies.

It is true, we are only reading one side here. However, they do make mistakes.

I have sent you some links.

What a traumatic experience for you and your bunnies.

It is true, we are only reading one side here. However, they do make mistakes.

I have sent you some links.

It's upsetting that some appear to doubt me, but I would have thought the fact that my remaining 5 buns, of which 3 are rspca adopted buns, have all been returned to me, with no further action being taken, and no recommendations made whatsoever about my set up, or how I look after them, says it all really.

I'm still feeling in a state of shock and disbelief to be honest, but the missing members of my furry family confirm that it really has happened.

I've asked my GP to arrange some counscelling for me, as don't seem able to deal with this on my own or make any kind of sense of it. Just miss them so much and very hard to bear.

It's upsetting that some appear to doubt me, but I would have thought the fact that my remaining 5 buns, of which 3 are rspca adopted buns, have all been returned to me, with no further action being taken, and no recommendations made whatsoever about my set up, or how I look after them, says it all really.

I'm still feeling in a state of shock and disbelief to be honest, but the missing members of my furry family confirm that it really has happened.

I've asked my GP to arrange some counscelling for me, as don't seem able to deal with this on my own or make any kind of sense of it. Just miss them so much and very hard to bear.

I'm so very sorry. I can totally understand how horrific this has been for you.
I hope you can get some peace, and also justice, over all this.

So sorry.

The RSPCA are the animal equivalent of social workers - they think only they have the answers and only they know best.

Sadly as far as rabbits are concerned they consider them to be 'just pets' and often their only response to illness or injury is pts. I understand that animals such as dogs, horses etc need protection, but the RSPCA are too big, and too institutionalised now. They start with the solution and work back to find a justifiable reason.

Binky free bunnies. RR, I know we have spoken off line and I hope you start doing better soon.

Yeah, I really don't think some people are thinking this through, or they're affiliated with RSPCA so they don't want to believe it's true. RSPCA are people, they make mistakes, they can be corrupt. Even some police are corrupt, even some vets make unbelievable mistakes - for instance, you hear in the news of vets that accidentally put an animal to sleep when it was at the vets for an entirely different reason. That's something you wouldn't think could happen but it does because all people make mistakes.

Again, I'm very sorry this has happened and can't imagine how you must be feeling :(

I've been following the RSPCA for a while now. They started doing this in the 1990s/early 2000s. They seize animals illegally, have them PTS for flimsy reasons and then accept they may have been wrong.
After the animal has died.

They designed a uniform to look like Police, but have no more power than you or I. They jump to startling conclusions, often threatening court, police, social services if you have children and many other horrors if you don't hand over animals for rehoming. They cannot follow up ANY of that.

Good luck in court. For your buns and the hundreds of animals they have murdered in the last 20 years, bring them down.

I am so very very sorry to read this sad thread. Those poor darlings.

What a terrible mixture of heartache and fury. How absolutely aweful that the inspector came and took them away and refused to let them have necessary veterinary care :shock:

I really hope that you get some councelling and that you are able to come to terms with what happened in time.

Lots of love to Violet. I have a special sweet feeling in my heart about her ever since you first posted about her.

I am so very very sorry to read this sad thread. Those poor darlings.

What a terrible mixture of heartache and fury. How absolutely aweful that the inspector came and took them away and refused to let them have necessary veterinary care :shock:

I really hope that you get some councelling and that you are able to come to terms with what happened in time.

Lots of love to Violet. I have a special sweet feeling in my heart about her ever since you first posted about her.

Thank you so much for your lovely post. Violet is doing great. She came back with her blind eyes enlarged and badly ulcerated, but they are much better now she has seen my vet and has got drops for her eyes.
I'm starting seeing a Councellor next week , and really hope that she can help in some way, and I'm just so desperately sad about the loss of them. I just can't see a way forward and I don't think it's something I can ever come to terms with, because to me that is something we learn to do with pets genuinely lost to illness or injury, but neither apply here. I realise I've got to find some sort of path forward though because I can't continue the way I am and bursting into tears all the time. It's not fair on my daughter who obviously hates seeing me like this.

Back