• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding Pairs Of Buns

When feeding your pairs if I feed pepsi and Skye together from the same bowl skye gets bored of sitting in the same place eating and she goes then pepsi has the rest. Skye I think looks a bit on the thin side now when I feed them separately skye won't eat. I know she does prefer hay to pellets and the both get about 2 egg cups a day each and are healthyz

Do you feed your buns separately or together

Mine just all tuck in together. ;)

buns_zpsbc1d479a.jpg

I scatter feed mine together:wave:

I second the benefits of scatter feeding!
Be it for a different reason....haha
I have a single bun but scatter feed his breakfast because he has got into the habit of running around and making as much noise as he can at like 5am!hes a house bunny so I don't get much sleep haha

So when he wakes me up, I grab a handful of food and scatter it on the floor (from the comfort of my bed lol) which keeps him busy for a while so I can sleep a bit longer haha!

I also scatter feed their greens and give pellets in a couple of treat balls. I've read that scatter feeding or using treat balls minimises the risk of choking too as they're less likely to try to eat more than one pellet at a time. It gives them more exercise and is more natural foraging behaviour too!

Back