• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much food is too much?

GabyEmilyB

Warren Scout
George is now on half an egg cup of muesli and half an egg cup of burgess excell in the mornings, which he gobbles up. He has constant hay in the day and greens in the evening. He also has a branch from a seeded fruit tree if I'm going out to keep him busy (which he eats the whole thing). I've found conflicting info online about whether he should have unlimited pellets or not. I worry that if I give him too many pellets, he won't bother with hay.

Any ideas because he is ALWAYS hungry!

Last edited:
He is 10 weeks old

At 10 weeks I'd be inclined to feed more and very gradually change him over so he's having all pellets rather than muesli. I don't think I would feed him unlimited amount of dry food as he needs to be eating his hay but I would increase to an eggcupful twice a day until he's about 16 weeks.

At 10 weeks I'd be inclined to feed more and very gradually change him over so he's having all pellets rather than muesli. I don't think I would feed him unlimited amount of dry food as he needs to be eating his hay but I would increase to an eggcupful twice a day until he's about 16 weeks.

Brilliant!

Thanks for the help. I've been changing good over gradually and we have got the change over to half a half and he's quite happy and poos are all fine (which I am closely monitoring)

Back