• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Harrington's" rabbit nuggets

Bunnie

Warren Scout
The rabbit food I usually but has gone up loads from £10 - £16 I have done loads of price comparisons and quality comparisons and have found one called "Harrington's" I think I want to buy this one but I have never heard of it and the packet looks very posh, has anyone had experience with it? Is it a good food?

I get it in asda, it used to be called something else, my rabbits look good on it but they're on a diet at the moment to help Tabitha deal with her dirty bum.
as for harringtons' virtue as a rabbit feed, I don't know. someone will have done a comparison. its not muesli. that's as much as I know!

I have been feeding it for years with no problems it used to be called wagg. Mine get 1 handful a day per two rabbits. I feel it's such a small part of their diet it doesn't matter too much

It's not great, but it is cheap. I haven't fed it myself because I feel it is too low in fibre at 17%, I feed Supreme's Fibafirst instead which is 30%. I also don't buy it on principle because some of the brand's other rabbit foods are terrible (e.g. Wagg Bunny Brunch) and it makes me question their knowledge and the quality of all their products.

Others believe that it doesn't matter that much if you're only feeding an eggcup a day though, so it's down to personal preference I guess and what you believe.

Agree with the above if you are feeding a lot of it or aren't giving a variety in diet then it isn't enough fibre. I am lucky in living in the country so do a lot of foraging I think if I didn't I would feed fewer pellets and buy in forage

What food do you usually buy? :?

I get the excel for around £3 for a decent size bag from The Range and the Science selective Isn't much more than that. Its for a decent size bag too! A couple of bags lasts me ages!

Sience seletive really cannot fault the price and quality. My p@h have a offer on its 3quid!! So next week. Im going to get 10 bags :thumb:

I get the excel for around £3 for a decent size bag from The Range and the Science selective Isn't much more than that. Its for a decent size bag too! A couple of bags lasts me ages!

The only problem with excel is it does give some rabbits runny tummys

Mine are on Harrington's too, it's not the highest in fibre but they eat loads of hay so it's not a problem. I find mine much prefer it to Allen and Paige and the pellets are harder and larger too so they're not all crumbled up into dust when you get near the bottom of a big bag!

I usually but pets at home own brand, adult food,

Back