• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibrefirst

I fed it to sox when he had his bad episode, and wouldn't touch his usual pellets, they got his appetite, going again, he is now back on ss, but think I may get some in as treats or for if needed to encourage eating, and mabel well she would eat anything :lol:

My lot loved this food. I got it when it first came out but had to travel quite a distance so didn't get it again. I've just done a search for it & it's available from a lot more places eg pets at home, vetuk etc so will order some more. I have one particular bun who seems go into stasis quite regularly, I only have to be a little late in feeling him & he's unwell:(

I always order mine from Pet Planet, seems to be the cheapest place online and usually has free delivery for £40 or more so I get 4 boxes and two lots of crunchies and thats enough for half the year at least.

Can young rabbits have fiba first? My mini lop is 12 weeks old now. He has an egg cup of ss junior in the morning, three types of hay, dried forage & I've just started him on a small amount of grass. Wondered if he could have some of this at supper time & if so, how much to give? I can't find any feeding guide on line. Any advice would be welcome. thanks :)

Oh I'm so glad everyone loves it! You kinda worry sometimes when it's got the whole "new type of food, better type of food" gimmick that actually, it's not good at all!

The only issue I have is Axl just doesn't like it. He'll throw a whole bowlful on the floor stick at a time hoping I've hidden nuggets underneath and then sulk until he has nuggets (and, if he's going full hog, then take the sticks to the poo/wee corner!). I think he's just an old Victor Meldrew who is used to nuggets so that's what he will have!

Oh I'm so glad everyone loves it! You kinda worry sometimes when it's got the whole "new type of food, better type of food" gimmick that actually, it's not good at all!

The only issue I have is Axl just doesn't like it. He'll throw a whole bowlful on the floor stick at a time hoping I've hidden nuggets underneath and then sulk until he has nuggets (and, if he's going full hog, then take the sticks to the poo/wee corner!). I think he's just an old Victor Meldrew who is used to nuggets so that's what he will have!

Just so you know, you should introduce them slowly, just like any other new food. Try introducing them as a treat, or giving him one and not feeding his normal pellets until he's eaten it xx

I did, where he lives with lady bunnies who are happy eating them, the amount was raised gradually and he never got on that bandwagon.

Back