• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New baby bunny question.

Oh Luna he is gorgeous! :love::love::love:

My buns seem to have excess caecals on a regular basis. I changed from burgess to SS, cut down on their greens etc and they have loads of hay but it still happens.

I'm pretty much at a loss now! Xx

How on earth...

The little guy I'm glad to say has come right with his poops. He might do one or two uneaten caecals at night time but most are fully formed now. Yay:) he is off to the vet on Friday. I didn't want to post pictures until I had his sex confirmed on Friday but hey here goes :) this is Freddie !

ne2y9ara.jpg

apapapuq.jpg

ze3y8u9a.jpg

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Did I miss this AMAZING news?!! :shock::shock::shock: I'm so slow... *facepalm* :oops::lol:

Hello gorgeous Freddie! :wave: get mummeh to give you some nose rubs from me....(I don't expect she needs excuses though, you are adorable... :love::love::love:)

Congratulations Luna :wave:

Oh gosh where do I start :( I brought freddie to the vet on Friday to get vaccinated and get him sexed properly and it turns out freddie is a freda. We knew in the eventuality of this happening that we would need to rehome as we don't have space for two set ups and there is no way I could bond Rosie with a girl. She is too feisty and even had problems with bobby at times.

I considered moving her to the Wendy house but I would not be in a position to get both her and Rosie friends. So I made the decision to find her a good forever home and that I did. I got a call from a lady the other day, had a long chat with her on the phone yesterday and did a home check this afternoon and it's just perfect :) she has a male bunny who free ranges in the house, and is looking for a friend. She has no kids so puts her all into her pets and freda will have her own room. I'm so relieved but also feel tired from the whole thing.

You wouldn't believe the amount of numpties I had to filter out before I received this ladies enquiry. I was starting to get quite irritated by it all. But thank goodness it has worked out and she will be going to her new home this evening.

I was hoping this thread wouldn't be resurrected coz I feel like everything is going wrong for me where rabbits are concerned these days :( I feel jinxed !!!

Oh dear :( How frustrating for you!

I hope Freda is happy in her new home, and that you can find a lovely boy for Rosie soon!

Oh gosh... I'm sorry luna :oops::( but well done on you for finding a good home for Freda...

It's not going wrong, try and see it this way, Freda has, by the sounds of things, found the perfect, forever home thanks to you. (And very well done on checking on enquiries - even if you did find some numpties along the way... :shock::lol:) If she hadn't come to you first, things might not have been so good.

Chin up, you'll find a match for your feisty Rosie. :love:

Oh dear :( How frustrating for you!

I hope Freda is happy in her new home, and that you can find a lovely boy for Rosie soon!

Thank you JemimaH :wave: I think we are going to take a little breather from our search now. I am going to look for work in September so our window of opportunity is kind of gone now. Ah well, if its meant to happen it will happen xx

Oh gosh... I'm sorry luna :oops::( but well done on you for finding a good home for Freda...

It's not going wrong, try and see it this way, Freda has, by the sounds of things, found the perfect, forever home thanks to you. (And very well done on checking on enquiries - even if you did find some numpties along the way... :shock::lol:) If she hadn't come to you first, things might not have been so good.

Chin up, you'll find a match for your feisty Rosie. :love:

Thanks Schez, I can always count on you to see the positive in a situation. You have a point though and that is what I have been telling myself. She is also vaccinated now and not many rabbits in Ireland are vaccinated so thats a good thing. I have a good feeling about her new home. It was clean and spacious and the woman was the type who worried about small things like the type of pellets and hay Freda was getting so she can find the same stuff etc so I would take that as a good sign that she is conscientious about the care of her pets and does things by the book :thumb:

Oh that is such a shame,
I am sorry about that - But what will be will be - things happen for a reason, Freda as it seems has a nice new loving home - it's a shame it's not worked out for you but some things are just not meant to be, I do hope you find a bun for your Rosie soon!!

Sending positive thoughts your way xxx

Oh that is such a shame,
I am sorry about that - But what will be will be - things happen for a reason, Freda as it seems has a nice new loving home - it's a shame it's not worked out for you but some things are just not meant to be, I do hope you find a bun for your Rosie soon!!

Sending positive thoughts your way xxx

Thank you Firerose , I appreciate that :) xx

Back