• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never expected this

Pablo2013

Warren Scout
Well...my hubbs came through the door
a hour a ago chuckeling and stating "you funny :censored: you only had to tell me"...at which I got up to see what he was on about to find him stood in the doorway saying "fetch it in then before someone nicks it"... I looked past him into the front garden to see a small triangular hutch/run thing that I had given away on fb a month or so ago (it came with pablo) ...with... This old chap inside it!!!

3azybasu.jpg

And a note saying
agenytu4.jpg

:eek:

SO..i have no memory of the randomer who collected this hutch thingy as I delete all my messages it was a case of "here thanks bye" and they collected it.
Obv knowing I had Pablo at the time well...one unwanted bun with a taste for stir fry mix apparantly!
Hes now in a old 4x2 hutch away from my buns with hay, a few ss pellets and a handful of natures touch...he looks old...his teeth n nails are great..his fur is very mucky and matted...hes petrified but so forgiving...hes got all his tackle. So first things first vet check tomorrow as he feels pot bellied....im angry, im sad, im excited, im also relieved they had to decency to leave him with me and not just prolong a poor life or turn him free. Hes called Bunny Rabbit apparantly - his new name will be Krypto...he will need castrating and vacc - oh the poor bank account as lexis in for spaying beggining of august. :( part of me wants to ring rspca but my heart says let him stay surley once neautered I could try and bond him with mine? If not then just build another set up? :confused: I dunt know...all that matters is hes safe....

So...introducing...(never expected to say this)...KRYPTO...
e4y5uqys.jpg

re9aguqa.jpg

Oh and he has flakey skin...
sama2yhy.jpg

Is home he was left in
yqa9ahuz.jpg

...advice big time needed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so glad that you are giving him a home with you. Poor thing, hope he gets from strength to strength.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Aww bless him! So glad they left him with you, although asking you would have been courteous :lol:

He's gorgeous :love:

Oh poor Bunny :( at least they did have to decency to drop him off with you rather than let him loose somewhere. It makes me so angry that people can let a pet get in a state like that.

Only advice I can give is to get him vet checked. The chances are he has some kind of skin/fur mite that is causing the flaky skin, so he will probably need several rounds of ivermectin before being let near your own buns.

I feel for you, as I'm exactly the same...I can never turn a bun away...even visiting the RSPCA is hard as I just want to take them all

The thing is if id have seen them or they had have knocked..id have probably have said no or that id foster/rehome him for them at the very most...but I put.him on the sofa and although he is scared as I checked him over he rested his chin on my arm and looked at me greatfully...n now??? Well...our life changes again big time...lol...:shock: I did not want more commitments I already roped my house sitter (longtime friend) into seeing to pablo, lexi and tess for 2 weeks when we go away...oh btw here you are one more wont hurt :? ....hubbys said hes to stay...hes named him krypto as hes superman barmy and apparanrly he landed upon us like clark kent did with his earth parents omg...:shock: I just want to scream...but itll die down..and he will stay..and we WILL work out for him and god only knows what my son will think when he wakes up tomorrow. He spent a hour out foraging for pablo lexi tonight with his nanna...(hes only 3 n half) but knows all about his bunny care :love: mixed emotions im off in garden to.look at him n have a sly ciggy

:love: Sounds like he may have finally landed on his paws.

We ended up with an extra bunny and you just make things work. We did invest in a large dog run in the hope of bonding the thre but it never quite worked out (2 females :roll: ) so they lived next door to each other quite happily.

Poor old boy :cry: I'm so glad he's now ended up with a lovely decent owner. What is wrong with people that they can't manage to look after their animals' most basic needs?! :evil: And then dump them on someone else's doorstep!

I've ended up with 4 bunnies after only planning to have one... it took a lot of work to get them set up with their own space and you don't get any thanks for it from them :roll: :lol: It's hard to take an unplanned bun on so you have my sympathies! Xx

Awww, poor old soul.... stir Fry mix? What???

It does sound bad but at least they didnt let him loose or wild.. He wouldnt have survived..

Good luck at vets...and welcome hime Krypto

Fee

it took a lot of work to get them set up with their own space and you don't get any thanks for it from them :roll: :lol: It's hard to take an unplanned bun on so you have my sympathies! Xx

Haha this so reminds me of my pablo n lexi... Ex breeding machines... N now living a better life than me! N if I so very dare touch or groom them without there blessing I get looked at like im something that belongs in the gutter but this is what I love about them...

Good on you for taking him in and taking him to the vets! =)

It is sad how reckless some people can be though...at least the poor baby is away from a lonely hutch with...stir fry?

Best of luck with the vets; I'm sure he will be a happy bun ^^

oh thank god he's finally found a safe and caring home!

its a wonder he's still alive and well having lived on stir fry mix it tends to contain poisonous peppers, beansprouts are probably too high in sugar or protein and it wouldn't have helped the poor boy to keep his teeth trim!

There's not enough education about rabbits out there, my local pet shop sells them individually to live a lonely life and today when I went in they have one baby on its own with a massive bowl of cheap nasty pet shop muesli that's twice as big as the poor thing, what hope to they have when even the pet shops aren't educating prospective owners!

Good luck with your old chap, give him lots of love :)

This reminds me of the day my hubby rang from work 'there a rabbit in the cellar, can you bring a pet carrier and help me catch it'.

We caught it. It wasn't staying. It wasn't having a name. It was taken to the vets for a check up. It was a baby. It was very dehydrated and very thin. We weren't keeping it.

By the next day, it was a he, he was staying (hubby said so:shock:) he was called Stanley and we all lived happily ever after.

Your new resident looks very content, good luck at the vets

oh thank god he's finally found a safe and caring home!

its a wonder he's still alive and well having lived on stir fry mix it tends to contain poisonous peppers, beansprouts are probably too high in sugar or protein and it wouldn't have helped the poor boy to keep his teeth trim!

There's not enough education about rabbits out there, my local pet shop sells them individually to live a lonely life and today when I went in they have one baby on its own with a massive bowl of cheap nasty pet shop muesli that's twice as big as the poor thing, what hope to they have when even the pet shops aren't educating prospective owners!

Good luck with your old chap, give him lots of love :)

Here here...n he was definatly fed it because you can just see remains of it in bottom of the bowl where its got soddened with rain? ... How barmy... Oh well unlimted hay, sience sekective pellets, grass, forage, natures touch n greens from now on just steady away as to not upset his tum xx

Sounds a little like fate to me :love:

Well done for taking him on. Would be worth getting a full MOT and vaccinated at the vets (they should do the health check free with the vaccination). I'd ask them to palpate and listen to his gut in case his stir fry diet has caused any issues.

As for advice, all I can think of that's different from normal bunny care is that I'd start with very few pellets and no extras and work your way up slowly, as you don't know what he was on before, besides the stir frys. You don't want to go introducing loads of things at the same time. As long as he's an okay weight a couple of weeks on very little dried food and hay won't hurt.

He's gorgeous, and I'm so pleased he's found his way to you, even if his arrival was unannounced :shock:

Back