• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When should I start giving to Tete greens and vegetables?

It is 8 weeks old, and I have been reading I should't give greens or veggies until it is 4-6 months old.. Only hay and pellets till then. I, unfortunately, gave it some herbs and veggies. Therefore I have taken immediately all this stuff out...
So, when should I include this back on its diet?

I feel terrible for being feeding it all this :cry: (Although it has been just one day, as I got it yesterday)

hi, the advice i got from the forum on feeding my baby rabbit is as follows, 12-14 weeks introduce some green food,only a small amount a couple of times a week to start with to avoid stomach upset. at about 6 months you can introduce some veg, again in small quantity, one type at a time. hay needs make up the largest part of the diet so keep it constantly supplied. i got some dried herb mix and dried plantain for my 10 week old and sprinkle a little in the hay for variety. its Burgess country garden herbs and Burns dried plantain. I also feed a blend of 3 types of hay which is meadow hay, oxbow orchard grass and one with chamomile. I give him supreme science selective junior pellets. hope this helps :)

hi, the advice i got from the forum on feeding my baby rabbit is as follows, 12-14 weeks introduce some green food,only a small amount a couple of times a week to start with to avoid stomach upset. at about 6 months you can introduce some veg, again in small quantity, one type at a time. hay needs make up the largest part of the diet so keep it constantly supplied. i got some dried herb mix and dried plantain for my 10 week old and sprinkle a little in the hay for variety. its Burgess country garden herbs and Burns dried plantain. I also feed a blend of 3 types of hay which is meadow hay, oxbow orchard grass and one with chamomile. I give him supreme science selective junior pellets. hope this helps :)

Thanks! It does help a lot :D:D

Back