• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective Adult 4+

Lottie999

Warren Scout
Hello RU! Long time no see :D

So I came across Science Selective 4+ the other day and wondered if there is any point in moving Poppu onto it? She hasnt had any dental issues for a good six months and is currently on the normal Sciene Selective pellets. I think she's about 8 now but I arent sure.

Thanks y'all :D

I've also been wondering about this..Bugsy is 7, and Poppy must be about 5 (I've had her 4 years I think!). Both seem happy on normal Science Selective which is given to them as a treat at bedtime as they are on mainly hay diet.

The only thing I've noticed is Bugsy produces uneaten ceacotropes if I give him too many pellets or add a few fenugreek crunchies.

So I'd be very interested to see what people think. I may pick up a small bag of the mature rabbit one today and try it out.

It's the only thing Poppy can eat and she's been on it since she was 3 as she can't eat the longer normal SS. She only has 2 teeth now and is 7 years old but for the past 2 years she has only had 2 dentals and it's all because of the food (and probably her age ..and lack of teeth! :lol:)

Her poops are obviously not big but they are fairly golden inside and her while her cecals aren't very formed she eats them with no problem, no excess cecals :)

Although the new bags she isn't a fan of as once again then have changed something.. She stopped eating them last time and they eventually told us they changed something after a lot of 'oh no it's exactly the same". In the new bags the pellets are very round and they smell very different! Good job I have an old bag left and she's eating that fine.. With a rabbit that can't eat anything but pellets it's not the best thing to happen.. Gah!

Last edited:
Personally I only ever change the pellets if the ones they are on don't seem to suit the bun anymore. I don't believe in feeding according to age as everybun is different. I have a couple on mature feed for the glucosamine but equally I have older buns who need the calories from junior food. If what you are feeding works for your bun I'd stick with that.

Back