• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello Everyone!

SyrianHammie

New Kit
Hello Guys!

I wanted to create an account on here as I am looking at either getting a Mini Lop or a Netherlands Dwarf and I am doing all of my research and found that this is a great place. If anyone has any links to places or information themselves them please let me know. Also, I will need to decide about housing and things like that so please let me know of anything you know! Thank you all in advance and I hope you welcome me into this community.

I am a part of Hamster Central as I own a Syrian Hamster called Spice and several people have told me to come onto this website for Rabbits. :D

Hi and welcome! There are lots of "stickies" in each section with lots of useful information.

edited to say it seems to be a bit quite here this evening, but usually there are lots of us on here to give advice.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: I would recommend rehoming a pair of rabbits from a rescue, rabbits need company and if you get a pair from a rescue they will normally be spayed/neutered and vaccinated. You will also be able to tell what their personality is like. Rescues have bunnies of all ages and breeds, they are inundated with rabbits unfortunately.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

There is a care reference section on the forum and 'sticky' threads at the top of each section with information on housing, diet, behaviour etc that are worth a look. In particular, take a look at these threads about the different options for housing, as there are some great examples and the pros and cons of each.

Indoor housing: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?304613-Indoor-Housing

Outdoor housing: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?311878-Outdoor-Housing

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post a thread. Or if you need help with anything, just PM one of the forum buddies, (our names are in green) and we'll be happy to help out :)

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me and given me some advice :) I will definitely take a look around and read up on what people think :) Thank you!

Back