• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst sticks?

Nic.

Warren Scout
Bought these for my buns today but not quite sure whether they're supposed to replace pellets or be fed as a treat! They love them but not sure whether to just feed as the odd treat or to give for meals and cut down on pellets. What do you do if you feed them these?

thanks! :)

I've been wondering the same thing. I'd prefer these over pellets...

Neville looks a bit too rotund lately :lol::shock:

I feed them daily as well as pellets as they are very high fibre. Thumper hasn't had as many stomach aches since eating these so I shall continue to feed as an extra. Admittedly I have cut down on pellets but not cut pellets out altogether.

I feed instead of pellets. I'm sure they can be used as a treat but Smudge choked on pellets so now I avoid them.

Instead of pelets - though my rabbits have no interest at all in them. They dont see the point of hay smashed up small and put into a stick when they already have half a bale of fresh meadow hay in their bunny chalets anyway :lol::lol:

Instead of pelets - though my rabbits have no interest at all in them. They dont see the point of hay smashed up small and put into a stick when they already have half a bale of fresh meadow hay in their bunny chalets anyway :lol::lol:

Really? Mine go mad for them, they did even when I fed pellets too. Mind you mine go mad for virtually anything :lol:

Really? Mine go mad for them, they did even when I fed pellets too. Mind you mine go mad for virtually anything :lol:

We were given free batches twice. Of 34 buns only half will eat them at all. Of those only about 3 eat them with enthusiasm.

They're designed to be instead of pellets but a lot of people (myself included) feed them as treats. Mine go nuts for them too.

Think I'll feed as treats too, can't imagine cutting back their pellets completely.. they'd be devastated :lol:

Last edited:
Think I'll feed as treats too, can't imagine cutting back their pellets completely.. they'd be devastated :lol:

It made me think that as they were getting super healthy fiba first then maybe when they go on to adult pellets, they could have the excel ones which are a bit less good for them than ss and then they could get bar codes for a rescue to get free excel pellets

Only just started last bag of ss junior so a few months off that decision!

I wish ss did a loyalty scheme for rescues too

Mine have them as a bed time treat. They go mad for them. But I bought some for the guinea pigs and they arent bothered about them at all

:love:

I feed my two fibafirst instead of pellets. i have found since cutting out pellets and using fibafirst instead, Smudge has less excess caecals and suffers from stasis less...

I feed my two fibafirst instead of pellets. i have found since cutting out pellets and using fibafirst instead, Smudge has less excess caecals and suffers from stasis less...

Mini has less excess cecals too. :thumb:

I feed fibafirst instead of pellets because when Milly died, Molly went off pellets and Gerry had excess caecals, so tried these sticks and they both love them. They get 8 sticks each daily and do very well on them.

we recently had a free sample bag I gave as treats they went mad for them, now keep looking for one every evening :shock::lol:

Back