• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild Geranium available for drying . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Due to the ideal weather for wild cut-leaved geranium (typical rain/summer English summer!) we have a real flush of this locally and it occurs to me that a lot of people who forage might like to try drying this for winter. Its is very easy to dry and does so very quickly in the sun.

If so please hop over to my thread in Selling http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...E-Now-with-Cranesbill-and-Plantain-(Plantago)

and see details of sales - but when you reply specify wild geranium only.Our rabbits simply adore this and it does not actually shrink that much when dried so you still get a good lot.

Please do not post to buy on here but over at other thread - to keep this thread simple!

I have added a post at the end of the other thread about having wild geranium only.

For the botanically minded amongst you this is Geranium dissectum L.. Those of you that live north of the Midlands may not see it as it is much rarer up there - and only grows on waste arable/cut hedgerows etc etc in south. However we have a recently disturbed area of a field that has come up trumps this year!!!!

I have not found it for sale anywhere else on-line so this is a rare offer!

MODS = I have put this here rather than in selling as it is of specific interest for people that pick forages for drying etc.

Back