• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay order

Clare-uk

Mama Doe
I've finally done it RU - I've ordered my first lot of ings hay :shock: hoping its good, last a little bit longer & mostly that it keeps those poops golden :D

I am finding hay a little hit & miss this year and I get so stressed that my fluffies aren't getting what they need

Oh no and after its taken me so long to bite the bullet! Well my girls are like bulldozers with tails when it comes to food so hopefully they will like it! My boy may be a bit fussy with it though.

I did umm & arrr over which one to pick but then read that the ings was thicker & greener which is what mine go for. I will just have to see now, doh :)

I keep wanting to try Ings hay for my two, they always get T&R and I don't want to get the other and they hate it.
Might take a chance next time, hope yours enjoy it :D

Why don't you try the taster bag first? They send you a bag of each type of hay they offer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Why don't you try the taster bag first? They send you a bag of each type of hay they offer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That would have been the sensible thing to do but I err on the side of dippy :lol: I'm sure it will get used with 3 buns & 2 piggies :)

Mine liked Ings and the T&R, were;t bothered about the meadow

I think i read http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?421874-Ings-hay that Ings was slightly softer and a little bit less good for wearing down their teeth so ultimately went for T&R, but mix it with Oxbow Timothy and farm bale and they seem to eat anything really

After I've used up all this hay, not sure what I'll go for next!

Last edited:
Mine love the ings, its so lush and green. New bun also likes it and his poops are already getting bigger and more golden :)

Ah so it could ok :) thank you everyone. I think that's why I've been so unsure on ordering as somebuns love it & others aren't bothered. I'll update when it arrives :thumb:

Oh no and after its taken me so long to bite the bullet! Well my girls are like bulldozers with tails when it comes to food so hopefully they will like it! My boy may be a bit fussy with it though.

I did umm & arrr over which one to pick but then read that the ings was thicker & greener which is what mine go for. I will just have to see now, doh :)

Ooops. Think I give you the wrong impression. I mean't I don't buy it...not that you shouldn't get it. A lot of bunnies on here love the Ings, but the only time I bought Ings, my bunnies picked and poked at it. So now I just buy the T&R and Meadow hay. Can't understand why they didn't like it as they normally go mad for a nice smelly Meadow Hay, which Ings is similar too.

Ooops. Think I give you the wrong impression. I mean't I don't buy it...not that you shouldn't get it. A lot of bunnies on here love the Ings, but the only time I bought Ings, my bunnies picked and poked at it. So now I just buy the T&R and Meadow hay. Can't understand why they didn't like it as they normally go mad for a nice smelly Meadow Hay, which Ings is similar too.

Oh I see, no worries :)

It does seem like its bunny marmite they either love it or hate it :lol: I hovered over the T&R but wasn't sure if it may be a bit rich for daily hay?

Mine loved all three in the sample bags. So I bought a big bag of the timothy and rye and they werent that keen :roll:

I used it up by putting it in their litter trays and they did eat most of it that way, but they preferred their Jolleyes meadow hay. This time I have ordered the Ings. Lets see what they think of that! Its so much easier to be able to get a big bag delivered. I have to go to Jolleyes every week - the two buns and the two piggies munch through a big bag of meadow hay from Jolleyes every week! (not to mention I spend a fortune buying other stuff for them while Im in there!!)

Results are in .... well they didn't all leap on it straight away - accept my piggies, who could obviously smell it as soon as it was opened and started wheeking like mad :D But the buns did all start eating it almost straight away and we have golden poops still :thumb:

Jazz, who is fussiest about his noms seems to like it quite a bit now, first time he was a little: hmmph whats this, you knows I don'ts like changes mummeh :lol:

It struck me how varied the hay is though, like us going from plain boiled sweets to a big bag of pick n mix! The bags you normally get are all the same colour and shape, whereas the ings is like a lush field has been put in a bag :)

I may post this in chat as well as I am a little concerned that the strands are too long for my piggy girls, I know they do say to be careful with long strands and guinea pigs so I've been cutting them in half. Does anyone know what is too long?

Back