• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf rabbit eating more

3doe rabbits

Young Bun
Was wondering if anyone has any advice my buck Netherland dwarf seems to be hungrier than normal and I'm wondering if it's because he's moulting badly . He's not ill and poops are ok he's eating hay too but isn't really interested in going in the run for long x

If you mean pelleted food, unless he is a baby you need to control the amount of pelleted food he gets. For most healthy adult rabbits, a tablespoon per kg of their weight is a good guide. This works out as about an eggcup a day for a medium-sized rabbit, but your dwarf will probably need about 1-1.5 tablespoons, depending on his weight.

Of course hay should always be unlimited and they should be encouraged to eat as much as possible.

When you say he isn't really interested in his run, what do you mean?

Yes he has around about 30 g a day of pellets as I found feeding him less than that made him lose weight and he started trying to bite me .but since starting to moult he's been eating it faster then looking for more . My bunnies have a separate run and normally go out in it in the morning then again late afternoon . He'll go out in the morning but he won't go out in the afternoon he hides in the back of his hutch. I just wondered if it could be because he was feeling off with moulting x

Back