• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst: How many pellets?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hi

I've read that rabbits should get an eggcupful of pellets per day, but I've also read that rabbits should get 25g per 1kg of bodyweight of pellets per day. Which is correct?

I'm introducing Fibafirst to my rabbits but as they are long sticks, it's difficult to give an eggcupful. Also, they are very light sticks, so one stick is around 2g. If I followed the 25g per 1kg of bodyweight, I'd have to give around 75g for Gerry which would be around 2-3 large handfuls of sticks which seems a huge amount.

How many pellets should I give my rabbits per day? Molly is 2kg, Gerry is nearly 3kg.

Ooh I'm not sure about amounts if you are only feeding FF. I give mine FF but only as treats on top of their normal pellets. They get 2-3 each a day...

It does sound a lot. Does that mean they have a lower fibre content?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It does sound a lot. Does that mean they have a lower fibre content?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nope, they are high fibre: 30%.

I feed my two about 3/4 of an eggcup of oxbow essentials mixed with nature's touch, and about 4/5 fibafirst sticks a day each. If I was feeding solely fibafirst probably 10-15? I'm not sure, I think it really depends on the individuals and how well they maintain their weight. :)

It may be that the amount suggested on the box or packaging of pellet food is not needed if the rabbits are good hay eaters.

My three come to about 5kg and I give a small handful (around 5-6 sticks) twice a day. HTH

Mine get 3 each a day, i break them up into small chunks and hide them in their hay!

Fee x

Back