• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Producing a lot a lot of Cecotrophes

emm_lamb

New Kit
Lately my girl rabbits have been producing a lot of night feces during the day. I'm finding it all over the top of their hutch which they can jump on top of. They are on the lawn during the day so don't have any pellets, and occasionally I will give them a treat, e.g. pear leaves or something from the garden. At night time they have pellets, and in the morning the bowl is usually empty, they also have hay and I'll give them celery, carrot and apple. (not too much apple as I know fruits very sugary). Could their be something too much or laking in their diet? I'm not finding much in the morning, and the past few days there has been none. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

It sounds likely that the evening pellets and veg may be causing the excess caecotrophs. what quantity of pellets do you feed them? it may also be worth cutting down or cutting out the carrot as well as the apple as carrots are very high in sugar

Back