• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floki the wild baby rabbit

this is all so adorable :) She was meant to be yours, it seems. As much as it is not a good thing to take wild animals indoors, sometimes that is their way :) So it all works out..how cute…
What happened to the ears, btw?

What happened to the ears, btw?

She developed a few spots which turned into scabs, we took her to the vets and they not seen them before, they gave us some cream and they are near enough gone.. It looks like she bit one from the tip of her ear though as she has a chunk missing...

She developed a few spots which turned into scabs, we took her to the vets and they not seen them before, they gave us some cream and they are near enough gone.. It looks like she bit one from the tip of her ear though as she has a chunk missing...

I would guess they may be a very mild form of myxomatosis (called nodular) - but that as she's very young and likely had antibodies passed from her mum it didn't have much impact.

When she gets older and it's time to vaccinate that may mean it's a good idea to get a separate VHD jab - as having been exposed to myxi it makes the combi jab not as effective (your vet will be able to guide you on this). Her myxi protection won't last long term though so she'll still need vaccinations like a pet would.

Glad she's still doing well - how old is she now?

She's about 7-8 weeks old now, she had her first injections yesterday and then sulked all day

I can't believe I missed this thread! She's adorable :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG this thread needs a cuteness warning! I want her so much!! :lol: no it's amazing how she decided she was adopting you & that was that :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a strange bunny tale, its as if she was meant for you :love: so happy to hear your keeping her and going to take care of her she is so very sweet :love:

Time to update the thread...

chilling time

10462907_10152558019100439_8789401770249089034_n.jpg

You looking at me!

10414841_10152561668890439_8363420811240281649_n.jpg

What do you want! Can't you see I'm eating!

10455361_10152590428360439_8652838183499077894_n.jpg

Back