• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this correct for feeding vegetables?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
This is the first time I've had a rabbit who eats vegetables so I want to make sure I get it right. This is my diet plan:

Day 1:
Cabbage
Curly Kale
Chiory
Rocket

Day 2:
Romaine Lettuce
Carrot tops
Spring Greens
Watercress

I'll alternate these days. Gerry seems to only like leafy greens, he doesn't like carrots :shock: . I'll also add a different fresh herb daily, such as basil, parsley, dill etc. And some berries twice a week.

Is this diet ok? He's obviously fed a lot of hay and some pellets alongside this. I'm thinking of feeding 1-2 cups of veg per day. Is this correct?

Sounds like a good selection. Has he tried all of these things before? I'd be careful about giving him too much as dark leafy greens are usually high in calcium.

I wouldn't bother with berries either but then I'm strict with my two and they've never had anything sweet so they don't know any different!

Sounds good. I've never given my bun berries. Kale is Spenser's favourite, but it makes his wee very chalky so he doesn't get it often. He also likes parsley and coriander.

Back