• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tube stemmed plants

TD86

Alpha Buck
Hi

Does anyone know of any bunny safe plants which have hollow tubular stems which are easy to come by? Although Lapizole is supposed to be tasty to rabbits, Penfold doesn't like it :roll:

My neighbor brought round a large thistle plant for us yesterday which is working as I've been injecting the meds into the plant to get her to eat it as it seems to be the only way she'll take it but it definitely won't last for 10 days!

Any advice appreciated :wave:

Not sure about plants with hollow stems. Could you put it in a mangetout maybe if you cut the top off and put it inside?

Can't help with a plant, sorry!
Assume you've tried all the usual - soaked into a tiny bit of toast, mashed in with banana, etc.
Medicating rabbits is so difficult isn't it.
Having said that, I am quite unable to get anything into my cats, either.:roll:

Not sure about plants with hollow stems. Could you put it in a mangetout maybe if you cut the top off and put it inside?

Hmmm, they haven't had mangetout out before so I would have to introduce it first which might be an issue:? I'll give it a go though :thumb:

Can't help with a plant, sorry!
Assume you've tried all the usual - soaked into a tiny bit of toast, mashed in with banana, etc.
Medicating rabbits is so difficult isn't it.
Having said that, I am quite unable to get anything into my cats, either.:roll:

It's massively difficult!! :roll:

No, I've always tried to keep them as natural as possible as if in the wild so they only ever have hay, veg/wild plants and pellets (although pellets aren't strictly natural!). They have never had toast or banana but I'm willing to try anything right now.

Danger mouse doesn't like it all that much either but she has twice daily doses of emeprid, baytril and lapizole so is getting picked up for the administering or I'd never get her to take them :roll:

Thistle is the one that springs to mind, I've been pulling them up today :lol: I've the smooth, not prickly ones though. I would think you could find them fairly easily. The other thing would be flower stalks from dandelions.

Back