• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They were fine for two days now they fight? Bonding.

An update on how it's going:

I put both Freddie and Amber in a small space about 3 hours ago, since then they have groomed each other, and they both seem relaxed (Amber flopped down). Amber did do the boxy/scratchy thing on freddies back a couple of times but have broken it up before it goes any further. Freddie shows no sign of aggression towards amber whatsoever. They are laying next to each other whilst I type this.

I plan to observe them in this small space for a couple of days. Then will expand the space slowly. I will put a divider down the middle at night in the small space so that they can;t fight each other whilst im sleeping! I'm also sleeping in the same room on a bed on the floor.

Any advice on how im doing so far. and what I should be doing next would be good : )

Thanks, Cameron

I would just keep going as you are, don't be in too much cof a hurry to change anything, as long as they aren't fighting or hurting one another this is a good sign. After 3 days of good behaviour you can see how they go at night without the divide, then another day or so you can expand their space. :thumb:

I would just keep going as you are, don't be in too much cof a hurry to change anything, as long as they aren't fighting or hurting one another this is a good sign. After 3 days of good behaviour you can see how they go at night without the divide, then another day or so you can expand their space. :thumb:

Ok thanks, so I will keep them like this for 2-3 days then ill take the divider away at night if I see only good behaviour : ) Thanks again and I will keep an update of how its going on this thread

Back