• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with sheds - where do your buns sleep?

dominoid

Warren Scout
Moving from a hutch to a shed soon, but I'm not sure about how it's going to work for sleeping. I was thinking of getting one of those plastic dog beds for them (they'd probably chew a cushion type one to pieces) and filling it with hay, would that work? Or is it best to just give them loads of hay and let them decide for themselves where to sleep?

i think they'd just use the dog bed (or anything else filled with hay) as a litter tray! i have those little ikea tables in my shed with carpet stuck on top and they sleep on that, or in the little hidey box thing i have that is stuffed with straw

I have a 2 tier hutch in the back of the shed. I have taken the doors off the bottom part but I still fill the top with hay and I often find all 3 buns asleep up there.
I also stuff a cardboard box with hay which they chill in. Particularly good in winter.

I have tried various dog beds and storage boxes and they do just use them as a toilet! :roll:

a2ysabe2.jpg

Sorry if this pic is up the wrong way. Not sure how to turn it?
This is my setup. They have plenty of places to sleep but they usually choose to sleep on top of the hutch or in the top level of the hutch.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Mine used any kind of boxes/hide outs as toilets so they don't have any now, they tend to prefer the top level of the shed where they'll either sleep in the litter tray or just lie on the wood! I have carpet on the steps and a piece on a table where they'll sometimes lie too.

I have a wooden hide thingy which has a flat top, and a large indoor cage base filled with hay. They tend to sleep on top of (rather than inside) the hide, and use the indoor cage base as a giant litter tray.

Its hard to explain but sometimes she will sleep on the level which is just newspaper lile the rest of her cage, but im pretty sure when she sleeps up there shes just guarding her food bowl :lol:

And then the rest of the cage is newspaper so she doesnt sleep there, she has a pile of straw and hay and when I open the mesh door which goes inwards, once its fully open (which the ramp stops) she sleeps behind there as it makes her feel cosy when the mesh door is open so the shed door can be closed in the winter!
If that makes any sense :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi, not read all of this but my girls live outdoors all year. They have a 2-storey hutch in a shed, which in turn has a run attached to it. I used to shut them into the hutch at night but have very recently allowed them full access to hutch, shed and run 24/7. As for where they sleep, I have no idea as their bed chamber straw doesn't get flattened that much so it's not in there! There is a nice thick layer of hay both on the shed floor and run, so my guess is they kip down in either of those, or just on the hutch floor either up or downstairs.

a2ysabe2.jpg

Sorry if this pic is up the wrong way. Not sure how to turn it?
This is my setup. They have plenty of places to sleep but they usually choose to sleep on top of the hutch or in the top level of the hutch.

what are the dimensions of your shed? :D

what are the dimensions of your shed? :D

Hi. My shed is 6ft x 8ft. I currently have a pair living in there but I'm hoping to bond another pair go them in the near future and have them all living in the shed.

My 4 are mental, I swear they don't actually sleep :lol: all the soft beds get weed on, and all the litter trays are well used, I don't actually see them sleeping so I'm not sure where they prefer to sleep. They do flop out on the floor, or lately I've seen all 4 of them flopped out inside or under the 4ft old hutch I put in the run.

Mine have a hutch with a door taken off so they can hop in and out.

They use the top of it to poo on and Stan likes to sleep right on the edge of the roof

The other two make a bed in the hay on the shed floor, dragging it from the hay rack and littertray till its just to their liking!

My shed never ever looks tidy, but the rabbits seem happy:roll:

Frosty, Snowflake, Tessie and Daisy tend to sleep in a big fluffy pile on the shed floor (lino/carpet covered) next to their little hutch with no door.

Really they sleep anywhere that isn't some kind of bed put there specifically for them to sleep in. The house buns sleep on top of the sofa.

Back