• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared of her run...

what about trying a big underbed storage box full of tasty nommy hay and some treats mixed in it.. Perhaps that'll tempt her out and she'll be less fearful and more tempted by a more positive experience.

good luck..

Is there any way that she could have constant access to the run (runaround or welfare hutches tunnels for instance)? If she could leave when she wanted it may not be so scarey for her.

Does she have a nice secure hiding place to go to with more than one entrance (they usually like 3)?

Best of luck.

Her run is attached permanently to her hutch so she has constant access, I just move it on to the grass and attach it to a bigger metal fencing run with no top to give her lots of grass and room to run. When I first put her back in that set up after the incident she ran straight up to the metal fencing and climbed up to get out. She was really scared. I have tried to just put her in the run that is normally on her hutch on the grass which has a top but again she panics, tries to push the top up and then sits in the corner. When I go back to get her later and put her back in her hutch she literally jumps into my arms and wants way more fuss than she has ever wanted before. Maybe she just needs time to realise it is safe again. I think I will try a hiding place for her in the run for the moment to see if that helps. She is tending to not use the run at all even when it is attached permanently, maybe I should start there and try and tempt her out with treats as suggested. Thanks both

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back