• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaway bun returns after hubby bought another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aj1982

Young Bun
So knowing how gutted I was after my new bun escaped my hubby came home with a second bunny to cheer me up. Luckily bun 1 has been found safe and well! So I now need names for two new girl buns.
zy3ysyte.jpg
hujage2a.jpg

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

The escapee is the grey lop and not sure what sort the other is. Her ears are starting to flop too

I'd be calling the escapee Houdini judging by how she kept disappearing lol

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

The escapee is the grey lop and not sure what sort the other is. Her ears are starting to flop too

The newer girl is maybe a lion lop? They are both lovely.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I want names that sort of go together if u know what I mean x

Oh I don't know, I'm rubbish at names that go together... cookie and cupcake? Apple and crumble? Honey and bee? Sorry I haven't seen your other thread so not sure on their history.

The new girl looks like a lionhead cross though, not a full lionhead as no mane, as her ears are starting to lop probably mixed breed with some lop in her too.

Also, just a heads up as you are new to rabbits, make sure they don't eat any of those flowers, as daffodils are poisonous and a lot of other garden flowers are as well. It is not a good idea to let them free-range in the garden, a secure run is best so that they can't escape and can't eat anything they shouldn't. And when you go to the vet to get their vaccinations done, be sure to get them to check their teeth - your lionhead cross has a squashed face so is more likely to get dental problems.

I'm speechless ...

Please do a bit of research on the best way to house and care for your rabbits.

This, and how to bond two girls (when they are both neutered and vaccinated).

You will need to spay both as soon as they are old enough to have any chance of a relationship remaining cordial.

L space hopper can u refrain from bullying me. Pets at home sell bunnies in pairs. Surely having worked there for 4 years you are aware of this......so u tell me why the hell my husband can't purchase another rabbit?? Are you some mini Hitler or something? Now please go away and don't comment on my posts. You are hypocritical and not a nice person. If you continue i shall report you

This is what p@h said to house the rabbit in....this is totally unsuitable so before you dare patronise me please look at the ethics of your employer
egusyte6.jpg

This is what p@h said to house the rabbit in....this is totally unsuitable so before you dare patronise me please look at the ethics of your employer
egusyte6.jpg

I have free range indoor buns, I have one of these cages, I've taken the door off it so it's basically now a litter tray/occasional bed! P@h told me my girls would be fine shut in this :shock:

That's what they told me. Clearly its unsuitable. I think as a bed or litter area its fine but as a cage no way. That is just wrong x

Hi Aj

I believe Lspacehopper no longer works for PAH.

PAH might advocate selling bunnies in pairs but 2 females often do not get along and will need spaying to have any chance of a happy relationship, the best pairing is between a male and a female but if PAH encouraged this and just told people to neuter/spay them, I expect they would find many people don't/don't do it in time, or mess up the bonding process and then there would be even more unwanted bunnies in the world.

When I worked there although it was some years ago they did not encourage male and female pairings.

Regarding accommodation, I actually think everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet here and to be honest I couldn't really tell much from your setup on your other post, but you will find the RWAF website very useful: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ which goes into more detail about bunny accommodation requirements.

I had an indoor cage for my 2 buns when they were indoors but it was used for their base only so they have their uses but not suitable to spend all their time in there.

Last edited:
Hi Aj

I believe Lspacehopper no longer works for PAH.

PAH might advocate selling bunnies in pairs but 2 females often do not get along and will need spaying to have any chance of a happy relationship, the best pairing is between a male and a female but if PAH encouraged this and just told people to neuter/spay them, I expect they would find many people don't/don't do it in time, or mess up the bonding process and then there would be even more unwanted bunnies in the world.

When I worked there although it was some years ago they did not encourage male and female pairings.

Regarding accommodation, I actually think everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet here and to be honest I couldn't really tell much from your setup on your other post, but you will find the RWAF website very useful: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ which goes into more detail about bunny accommodation requirements.

My local p@h won't sell a male and female at the same time. You have to get one neutered before you can buy the other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back