• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to put them back together?!

Emma H

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone

My two house french lops Belle and Bailey (spayed/neutered) have been living very happily and lovingly together for 6 months. When they were bonded there was never really a top bun. They both groomed each other (and conversely hopped away from each other when heads were lowered) equally. They never really mounted. This has been the same since they both moved into their room.

A few weeks after they were bonded I was on holiday and my Mum looked after them. I think she gave them too much space as she said shed let them in the garden and they had a fight whilst I was away (both slightly injured) I went back to basics and re-bonded in a neutral room. Since then they have been great.

Over the past few weeks Belle has been trying to mount Bailey. I put this down to a bit of spring fever. They were still fine with each other. Bailey just hopped away whenever I was witness to it.

Yesterday morning I woke to them having a huge fight. Belle had to have an operation (£200 :( I'm hoping its covered under Petplan ) yesterday to remove the bottom part of her ear and have stitches in the other.

She is home and fine-eating,drinking,pooping and weeing.

I have now set their room up with two indoor cages (this pains me and is actually making me very upset as they don't like being in a cage and get frustrated). As I work and can't be with them 24/7.

When do you think I should try and put them together again? I am studying for my masters part time and need to crack on with my dissertation in my spare time so I can only do the dating method at the minute (before I did fast track). If this isn't working I am hoping Fat Fluffs (1 hour from me-I can't find a service in shropshire) will help me.

Look forward to your advice

Emma
xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, bonding isn't my strong point :oops: but I'm bumping this for you in case other people can help. :wave:

Back