• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello this is my new bunny

Quite frankly, I think it's a good idea to chip all rabbits from pet stores. If the rabbits then got free or people decided to just release them, then at least the owner could be identified.

If you take on a rabbit, then why should it not be subject to the same care people give to their dogs? Vaccs, chips etc?

When you got the rabbit, did you tell PAH that you intended to keep it in a childs play pen and then let it run free in an environment that wasn't secure?

The rabbit Inc chip was £35. I asked for just the rabbit as in sure they used to only be £20. I would then have taken the bun to the pet shop near me that does it free. Anyway p@h won't sell them without a chip so I had to pay the £35. Vets for pets are con artists. Its all about money there. I used to work there and was disgusted. I would never use one again

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I don't think you can say that - every branch is a franchise!

My friend owns a franchise and she works freeking hard to help her clients and is a fabulous vet. So I think that you might want to reconsider that particular comment.

No its a business and its their bottom line. I'm sure your friend is great but the ethics if the company aren't good. X

.lspacehopper you are horrid. Many forums say a pen is an ideal enclousre for when in the house. I didn't say I disagreed with chipping I said I disagreed it with it for making money.

.lspacehopper you are horrid. Many forums say a pen is an ideal enclousre for when in the house. I didn't say I disagreed with chipping I said I disagreed it with it for making money.

I'm not horrid, far from it. However, I was a PAH store manager for 4 years and had you come to me and told me the plans on how you intended to keep the rabbit/s, I would not have sold one to you.

Please do some research.

In addition compared to anything that pets at home offer for sale my housing pen is far better

No its a business and its their bottom line. I'm sure your friend is great but the ethics if the company aren't good. X

I also work for a vets and we also charge a darn sight more than that. The vets I work for is privately owned and they have 80+ employees to pay - it is a business and yes they have to charge for it.

Cheap or free isn't necessarily good. Yes you can get deals for things like chipping, but don't you think that building a relationship with a good vet who might actually have to charge for things is better than just going somewhere that the chipping or whatever is cheap or free?

Anyway, I shall bow out of this now as I don't think the chipping is the relevant part of this thread.

Keeping your rabbits safe and secure is.

And with that in mind I'm posting a link to a what might be a useful 'note'. https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-rabbit-crossing/free-ranging-garden-rabbits-is-it-worth-the-risk/657526914291039

In addition compared to anything that pets at home offer for sale my housing pen is far better

You could have bought a connecting pen and cleared a suitable area for the rabbit. Please look at some of the housing ideas on here.

The rabbit Inc chip was £35. I asked for just the rabbit as in sure they used to only be £20. I would then have taken the bun to the pet shop near me that does it free. Anyway p@h won't sell them without a chip so I had to pay the £35. Vets for pets are con artists. Its all about money there. I used to work there and was disgusted. I would never use one again

£35 for a microchipped rabbit isn't that bad from a shop. When I worked at PAH years ago they used to sell non microchipped rabbits for anything from £20-£30 so it doesn't seem like they are making that big of a profit. Although I would argue that it would more appropriate to have them vaccinated, that would make them a lot more expensive. FYI we adopted one of our bunnies last year from a rescue for an adoption fee of £20 and he was microchipped, neutered and vaccinated.

You won't find many people disagreeing with you on here regarding of the quality of rabbit accommodation PAH sells, but I wonder why you chose to buy a bunny from a store that you so obviously dislike?

I'm glad that bunny is safe now.

I think it's good that they won't sell rabbits without a microchip as at least if any are dumped or lost they can be scanned and traced back. An extra £15 isn't alot of money in the big scheme of things.
:thumb:

One of the rabbits I have was found as a stray, he was not chipped at the time he was handed over to a rescue, if he had of been chipped he would have been returned to his owner as the rescue scans all stray animals. He was micro chipped prior to me adopting him from a rescue, as you are aware rabbits do try and escape, mine happily jumps over a 5 foot pen which is why for me it is essential that he is chipped. To ensure his safety he now has a lid on the top of his indoor pen to reduce the chance of him escaping.

Rabbits are good at chewing through things including fabric, please do review your accommodation to ensure that they are in a secure environment and if they are to be a house rabbit that you protect the environment from being destroyed, rabbits do like to chew wires and cables.

Thank you for your help. I have reviewed my accommodation and I'm pleased with it for now.

AJ, you asked for these on your other thread :)
The sisters:
Daisy
a2eha6es.jpg

Maizie:
6yry9ube.jpg

yze9ubem.jpg

And this is Star, the foster bun:
sehu3u3y.jpg

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

So Glad to hear that you have your bun back, it must have been horrible not knowing where she was, hoe to hear more from you on her progress.

Tash OMG they are gorgeous! Fantastic names too! I have the same cat carrier as a bed area too!

Thanks Riggs and Elena that's fab. I am going to be able to sleep easy knowing she is home safe. Tomorrow I will go and take down her missing posters! I am so pleased.

Tash OMG they are gorgeous! Fantastic names too! I have the same cat carrier as a bed area too!

Thank you :)
Maizie and Daisy were named by a member on here :lol:
Star came with her name.

I leave the carrier in with them so they're used to going in and out of it. Makes vet trips so much easier :)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Back