• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - lots of..."friendly piggybacks" ;)

okikokikate

Mama Doe
Lost my female a week ago.
My male (2.5years ish old) has always been a buns bun and dislikes human contact, so thought it best we get him a friend.
So we got another rescue rabbit and named her Millie.
Well, Jenson and Millie weren't bothered by each other on their bunny date
Now all he seems to want to do is get jiggy with her!
he was calm in neutral bathro at first but now has started trying to hump there too.
Ive tried bath bond, they did mutally groom but once dry he was at it again
They are sleeping apart at the moment, in seperate enclosures next to each other in the living room (house rabbits)
Millie doesn't nip or anything and will quite often just rest down and let him get on with it for a minute or so. But she frequently runs off and the other day his "little fellow" was a bit sore.
It's been 6 days since we've had Millie, and Im just wondering if there's anything else I can do/anything you can suggest I may be doing wrong
constructive criticism greatly appreciated!
I know I dont post much but you were my first call from my research 3 years ago before getting rabbits, then alinf my journey with buttons.
many thanks xx

Sorry, I've never bonded but I'm sure there will be someone out there who can offer some help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back