• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating less veg

Holhol

Alpha Buck
Ferg gets a decent sized handful of mixed leaves and herbs every night, unlimited hay and an eggcup full of pellets every day. Normally he goes mad for his veg and eats everything by the morning, but recently he's been eating less of it.
He finishes all his pellets and eats loads of hay every day and has no poo problems - eating, pooing and drinking fine! He's just started leaving his veg overnight and I have no idea why.
He's been eating some, leaving a fair bit and then munching some in the morning when I give him his pellets but definitely not eating as much as he used to - does anyone else's bunny do this?

I don't think there's anything wrong with him as he's eating everything else, and seems to be eating more hay than normal so I'm hoping it's just that he prefers his nice new hay to veg - is it worth a vet trip or is he just worrying me?
I'm wondering if it's because I got him veg from the cheap veg shop rather than from Morrison's and he's being fussy :( I worry too much about him!

He gets some spring greens, romaine lettuce, a bit of watercress, some coriander + mint at the moment.
It does seem to be the spring greens he's left... He's eaten his mint and coriander but only nibbled at the spring greens. I did only buy them on Saturday but he's very fussy with how fresh things could be.
Do you think it could be non-fresh spring greens? :)

Mine did that about 4 months ago, just overnight all of a sudden and when I would go out in the mornings, they had barely touched them. I have switched to Curly Kale now and everything is being eaten again - not sure what is up with spring greens lately but a few people have mentioned issues with bunnies not eating them anymore :?

Spring greens have been a bit 'iffy' on occasions lately - I've had to throw away some yellow leaves even though I'd only just bought it.

I don't think I'd be too concerned if he's still eating the other stuff and is, as you say, eating plenty of hay. Think I'd just keep an eye on him tomorrow.

Mine did that about 4 months ago, just overnight all of a sudden and when I would go out in the mornings, they had barely touched them. I have switched to Curly Kale now and everything is being eaten again - not sure what is up with spring greens lately but a few people have mentioned issues with bunnies not eating them anymore :?

It really worried me! Mind you he has gone completely off kale that's on the won't eat list at the moment :(
It's very strange, they must be bad spring greens at the moment - bit gutted cos they're a veg he normally loves! (and really really cheap!)

Spring greens have been a bit 'iffy' on occasions lately - I've had to throw away some yellow leaves even though I'd only just bought it.

I don't think I'd be too concerned if he's still eating the other stuff and is, as you say, eating plenty of hay. Think I'd just keep an eye on him tomorrow.

I didn't think they looked fantastic, bit floppy so hopefully he's just being fussy! He went straight in for his hay when I did a hay change so I'm sure he's fine and just worrying me for nothing! I'll go and buy some nice fresh herbs for him so he can't complain :)

It really worried me! Mind you he has gone completely off kale that's on the won't eat list at the moment :(
It's very strange, they must be bad spring greens at the moment - bit gutted cos they're a veg he normally loves! (and really really cheap!)

It really worried me too, poor things were being constantly watched by me for days as I was insistent they were ill :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back