• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat wet grass??

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all,

This will probably sound lime a really silly question, but I've seen a few comments on various forums that rabbits shouldn't go out in wet grass? I can't see why it would be problem as wild rabbits are out in all weather. Can anyone confirm either way for me? Thanks!

Mine are on grass (or have access to grass) 24/7, whether it's dry or wet :thumb:. Like you say, wildies don't stay underground if it's raining.

i've never let mine eat wet grass. i think it can cause some tummy issues if they're not used to being out on the grass all the time. :wave:

Oooohhhh I hope so Pablo has free range accsess all day every day wind rain or shine? But we dont have much grass mainley flags :roll:

If it's wet and alive or wet and just picked, no problem.

issue is if it's wet and sits around it can get moldy fast and/or ferment, that's where the tummy issues come from.

Back