• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could I BE any more excited?! *pics added page 2*

midori1999

Alpha Buck
I've just ordered a 12' x 12' aviary for my bunnies. It will be here next week.

I'm going to connect it to their existing kennel, which is 10ft x 5ft, using a runaround and will hopefully be able to give them 24/7 access (after my initial nerves disappear!).

This means they'll have almost 200sq ft of space, but also I'll be able to see them from the kitchen and living room windows, as I can't see their kennel without going outside.

I'm so excited and my husband is currently in my best books for agreeing.:love:

Last edited:
Wow, that's going to be so amazing to be able to watch them with all that space - I bet with 12' they can get up some speed with the binky's!

That sounds fab, I was only chatting with my friend about how lovely it is to be able to see your buns running around or just chilling. I'm still waiting for my hubby to revamp my run :roll: shame he doesn't get as excited about that as his new mobile phone :lol::lol: Look forward to pics. :D

Very jealous! that set up sounds amazing and we will definitely be needing pics when it's all set up.

There will definitely be pics! My non bunny owning friends don't get it at all sadly. In fact, my bunny owning friends don't either. :(

We won't be able to actually put it up until the weekend after it arrives I don't think, unless my husband can finish work early one day and is feeling energetic. :lol:

I haven't really decided how I'm going to fox proof the ground yet. I think I'll have to decide once it's up as part of the area it will be on is already paving slabs/a path. They will have a digging patch though as part of the area is an old vegetable patch, so I'm going to bury some mesh in it so they can't dig out/nothing can dig in.

Wow, that's going to be so amazing to be able to watch them with all that space - I bet with 12' they can get up some speed with the binky's!

I'll be so pleased to see them binkying! Only one really binkies much, even though they had a run about 14" long until we moved. It was only 2ft high and 3ft wide though, so I'm hoping they'll feel like they have more room.

The aviary arrived on Tuesday and has been assembled today. It is supposed to be fox and vermin proof and I'm sure it is to as much as can be expected, but I'm going to double mesh it to fox proof it a bit more and put an extra bolt on the bottom of the door and one at the top too. I'm also going add some corrugated plastic sheets to the roof to keep the worst of the Scottish weather out and make the base digproof, although I still haven't decided how I'm going to do that yet. :? It will be in a sheltered spot in the garden, but I may also add some screening to two sides later on for extra privacy/shade/shelter.

So, this is the beast:

This is the kennel it will be connected to when the 16ft runaround pipe arrives:

And this is the corner the aviary will be moved into. I'm going to dig proof the old vegetable patch so the bunnies can keep that as a digging pit, although they never dug when the hey had a small pit before.... :lol:

Back