• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another baby rabbit question!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Sorry to keep asking but I want to give Talullah the best after her crappy start to life :(

Can she go out on the grass yet if I slowly introduce it to her and will it help her teeth?
Problem is we don't know how old she is, we thought 14 weeks but vet said no way.

I would give her a few bits of grass first so she can get accustomed to it. Give her a little every day for a few days then it should be safe to put her outside.

Hi,
I agree with tonibun, little bits to start with and gradually build up. Don't let her gorge herself when she first goes out as it could upset her tum.
I believe grass wears their teeth down just as much as hay does. I thought that was odd at first because grass seems much softer than hay but I read a post on here somewhere explaining that the structure of grass isn't smooth it's quite rough, and it wears teeth down as rabbits munch.

Back