• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

been foraging

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Today I went to the local woods to do some foraging.

Previously I've only foraged in my own garden where there is grass, clover, dandelions, willow and rose.

I'm also growing herbs for the bunnies but wanted to add more free items to their diet.

So off I went with my scissors and bag, I found some plantain, hogweed, blackberry bushes and Hawthorne quite easily and bunnies are happily tucking in too.

As the wood is a five minute drive I plan to go weekly from now on.

What else might I find that is easily recognisable?

Sticky weed seems to be all over at the moment, it's real name is cleavers if you want to google it, my buns like it. Also good old nettles, my buns love them too, but you need a thick pair of gardening gloves, mine are not thick enough I've found, and I'm prickled to bits today!:lol:

I forage for grass, clover, dandelion, plantain, hawthorn, willow and blackberry leaves. I didn't know about cleavers (sticky weed) so will get some of that tomorrow. I've just been reading the two sticky posts at the top of this board which are both fab for ideas of plants to forage for with photos of safe and unsafe. Very useful indeed!

Back