• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for pets

countrybumkin

Warren Scout
So I've always got my hay from pets at home mainly because it's really convenient! Now I've got two buns I'm obviously getting through twice as much hay! I've started getting meadow hay from bargain shops to fill the litter trays etc but I'm looking for a cheaper option that provides the buns with really tasty hay!

I've just been looking at hay for pets and it's works out as less than half the price for what I've heard on here is lush hay! However I was wondering if anyone can tell me how big the 9.5kg sacks are? Measurement wise for storage and stuff. Thank you :)

I'd also recommend timothyhay.co.uk. They do 10kg bags which their website says measures 65*45*40cm.

I've had one of the bags from hayforpets before and I think they were less compact so they might actually be slightly bigger.

Thanks for your replies. My buns have a third of the dinning room so they'll be able to be stored in the room and squashed into a cupboard when people come round then :) does anyone know how long delivery takes? Thank you :)

Thanks for your replies. My buns have a third of the dinning room so they'll be able to be stored in the room and squashed into a cupboard when people come round then :) does anyone know how long delivery takes? Thank you :)

I would allow a week, just to be on the safe side. I buy from HayforPets and Timothyhay and would recommend both. You can get a sample pack from HayforPets to see which hay your rabbits prefer. Details on their website.

This hay is really good for bedding, very soft and they eat a lot of it too. It's cheap £20 for 5 bags, as long as you've got somewhere to store 5 bags :)
http://www.naturesownpets.co.uk/

I also fee them HayForPets Ings and they love that too, but it's very hard and stalky, which is good for eating but not for bedding

Which hay would you guys say would be the best all round for nutritional purposes from Hay for Pets -
Ings, Timothy&Rye or Meadow hay? thanks :thumb:

Tango had both the Timothy and ings from hay4pets. He loved them both (i think ings slightly more) The hay always smells so fresh and sweet so I can understand why he loved them so much.
Not much help about nutrition sorry. My guess would be Timothy but that is just a guess

Which hay would you guys say would be the best all round for nutritional purposes from Hay for Pets -
Ings, Timothy&Rye or Meadow hay? thanks :thumb:

I think they would all be fine as far as nutrition goes - just a case of discovering which one a rabbit prefers (which is why them supplying a free sample pack is so good).

Tango had both the Timothy and ings from hay4pets. He loved them both (i think ings slightly more) The hay always smells so fresh and sweet so I can understand why he loved them so much.
Not much help about nutrition sorry. My guess would be Timothy but that is just a guess

I buy a small bale (approx1x0.4x0.3m - unsure of weight) from my local farm for £7. It seems quite good quality but I supplement with readigrass and Timothy hay plus they go out in the grass in my garden lots too :)

Back