• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they go back together? Sisters and spay and my battle!

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Okay so binky and bella were split up about two months ago for fighting because they're not spayed.
Now I still live with my parents but they are my rabbits (binkys technically theirs but I do everything for her and buy everything)
I cant drive/dont have a car and my vets is about 15 minuites away.
Ive talked with my parents about getting the girls spayed and ill pay for it (im currently saving up for it anyway :roll: )
And they are putting their foot down and saying no even though its not their rabbits!
Obviously I dont want to argue with them, id actually rather respect my parents rules seeing as its their house (and id love to move out but obviously it isnt practical right now :( )
But you see my mother is one of those people who really underestimate rabbits - she thinks small hutches are okay (my dad doesnt, he loves rabbits in sheds :lol: ) and she thinks they dont need many toys or anything like that to stimulate them
This annoys me and no matter how much I explain no one listens!

So whenever I bring up spaying I say 80% of unspayed females get uterine cancer and the cancer can spread to other organs and that will happen before you know it
That fact doesnt bother them :-(

They said they dont want to pay for it, so I said I will like I pay everything

And now they're saying its cruel and they dont like the idea of putting them through that cruelty without the rabbits even being able to have an input or anything and theyre trying to tell me im cruel for thinking about it and rabbits shouldn't have to go through such a bad surgery
I bit back at this by saying all the rspcas rabbita are spayed/neutured and they work against animal cruelty and its because its the best thing for the rabbit but their minds are still blank, I feel like im living with goldfish who are forgetting my point :lol:

Im trying to build up a case here of why and I know re bonding two sisters is practically impossible or so ive heard

Can anyone tell me the chances of them bonding back together? They used to love grooming eachother and laying together it upsets me they arent:-(
And we can't take on a husbun for each because that isnt possible right now
Im just building up a case of reasons to get them spayed because I will win this battle!

And any other reasons please!
( no lectures though please because id do it in the blink of an eye if they'd allow me!

Thanks nd sorry for the long post, congratulations if you got this far :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Try printing out information sheets about how beneficial being spayed is. My parents rarely listen to me (even at 23) unless there's professional proof to back it up :roll:

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Try printing out information sheets about how beneficial being spayed is. My parents rarely listen to me (even at 23) unless there's professional proof to back it up :roll:

Already done that!
It was a leaflet from the rspca website I think and I glued it together so it looked all professional and they still didnt believe me!
And theres a page on my vets website about spaying a rabbit but still dont care, im still treated like a child and not believed :lol: :roll:

Already done that!
It was a leaflet from the rspca website I think and I glued it together so it looked all professional and they still didnt believe me!
And theres a page on my vets website about spaying a rabbit but still dont care, im still treated like a child and not believed :lol: :roll:

What would they do if you got it done behind their back?
Perhaps get the vet to talk to them?

What would they do if you got it done behind their back?
Perhaps get the vet to talk to them?

I cant get it done behind their back because I cant get there, but if I did they would probably get rid of the rabbits either behind my back or force me to!:-(

and I would do that but im not too sure my vet would just talk to us for free, and I dont want them to charge me £30 just for a chat :lol:

I cant get it done behind their back because I cant get there, but if I did they would probably get rid of the rabbits either behind my back or force me to!:-(

and I would do that but im not too sure my vet would just talk to us for free, and I dont want them to charge me £30 just for a chat :lol:

Would they really make you get rid of them :shock:
Go during rabbit awareness week?

Say you wanna get the girls health checked :)

I agree, with rabbit awareness week coming up a lot of vets are doing a free health check. You could ask your parents to go with you to have the girls checked over and bring up spaying while you're there.

Would they really make you get rid of them :shock:
Go during rabbit awareness week?

Yep! they were trying to make me get rid of one of the rabbits when they originally got split up:-(
When is rabbit awarness week?

Say you wanna get the girls health checked :)

we health check them at home because im pretty sure my parents wont pay (or let me pay) £60 for the vet to do exactly what we do :lol:

Its so out of order I just feel so helpless and wish I could just move out but its not possible!
Sometimes I feel like a terrible owner because I cant override my parents rule of the spay and give my girls the operation which could potentially lengthan their life span:-(

I agree, with rabbit awareness week coming up a lot of vets are doing a free health check. You could ask your parents to go with you to have the girls checked over and bring up spaying while you're there.

I free health check?!
That sounds like an opportunity not to be missed! :lol:

Yep! they were trying to make me get rid of one of the rabbits when they originally got split up:-(
When is rabbit awarness week?

we health check them at home because im pretty sure my parents wont pay (or let me pay) £60 for the vet to do exactly what we do :lol:

Its so out of order I just feel so helpless and wish I could just move out but its not possible!
Sometimes I feel like a terrible owner because I cant override my parents rule of the spay and give my girls the operation which could potentially lengthan their life span:-(

I think it's 5th may?
You can use the argument that it's free, and just to make sure that a professional agrees with the way you're health checking etc

I think it's 5th may?
You can use the argument that it's free, and just to make sure that a professional agrees with the way you're health checking etc

Do all vets do free health checks during awarness week? Because I dont want to be rude and ring up for a free health check :lol: im a very anxious person!

Do all vets do free health checks during awarness week? Because I dont want to be rude and ring up for a free health check :lol: im a very anxious person!

Not all vets will be doing it, but a lot do. You could phone the ones locally to you and ask if they're doing anything for RAW?

ETA: Also, I'd still phone if it doesn't show up on the link. My vet are definitely doing free health checks but don't show up on the RAW event locator.

It's 10th may :oops:
http://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/
You'll be able to find your local participating vet on there

It was only 5 days out;)
My vet wasn't on there but it says more events are still being confirmed and I thought they would seeing as they're really good with rabbits!

Not all vets will be doing it, but a lot do. You could phone the ones locally to you and ask if they're doing anything for RAW?

ETA: Also, I'd still phone if it doesn't show up on the link. My vet are definitely doing free health checks but don't show up on the RAW event locator.

They're only open on bank holiday from 10 - 11 and thats urgent cases only, then you've obviously got emergency appointments anytime but the receptionists aren't in, you're just given an emergency number
Ive popped them an email to ask if they're participating and will call tomorrow if no reply!

It was only 5 days out;)
My vet wasn't on there but it says more events are still being confirmed and I thought they would seeing as they're really good with rabbits!

They're only open on bank holiday from 10 - 11 and thats urgent cases only, then you've obviously got emergency appointments anytime but the receptionists aren't in, you're just given an emergency number
Ive popped them an email to ask if they're participating and will call tomorrow if no reply!

Hopefully they are, and hopefully your parents will listen

Hopefully they are, and hopefully your parents will listen

On their website they mention about the rabbit welfare association si im hoping they are!

And I will take my mum to the appointment with me, I've spoke to her about it and said they might be doing free appointment health checks and she said aslong as I arrange it she'll come and take us and listen yay!

On their website they mention about the rabbit welfare association si im hoping they are!

And I will take my mum to the appointment with me, I've spoke to her about it and said they might be doing free appointment health checks and she said aslong as I arrange it she'll come and take us and listen yay!

That's definitely a step in the right direction!! Fingers crossed!!

Okay so binky and bella were split up about two months ago for fighting because they're not spayed.
Now I still live with my parents but they are my rabbits (binkys technically theirs but I do everything for her and buy everything)
I cant drive/dont have a car and my vets is about 15 minuites away.
Ive talked with my parents about getting the girls spayed and ill pay for it (im currently saving up for it anyway :roll: )
And they are putting their foot down and saying no even though its not their rabbits!
Obviously I dont want to argue with them, id actually rather respect my parents rules seeing as its their house (and id love to move out but obviously it isnt practical right now :( )
But you see my mother is one of those people who really underestimate rabbits - she thinks small hutches are okay (my dad doesnt, he loves rabbits in sheds :lol: ) and she thinks they dont need many toys or anything like that to stimulate them
This annoys me and no matter how much I explain no one listens!

So whenever I bring up spaying I say 80% of unspayed females get uterine cancer and the cancer can spread to other organs and that will happen before you know it
That fact doesnt bother them :-(

They said they dont want to pay for it, so I said I will like I pay everything

And now they're saying its cruel and they dont like the idea of putting them through that cruelty without the rabbits even being able to have an input or anything and theyre trying to tell me im cruel for thinking about it and rabbits shouldn't have to go through such a bad surgery
I bit back at this by saying all the rspcas rabbita are spayed/neutured and they work against animal cruelty and its because its the best thing for the rabbit but their minds are still blank, I feel like im living with goldfish who are forgetting my point :lol:

Im trying to build up a case here of why and I know re bonding two sisters is practically impossible or so ive heard

Can anyone tell me the chances of them bonding back together?
They used to love grooming eachother and laying together it upsets me they arent:-(
And we can't take on a husbun for each because that isnt possible right now
Im just building up a case of reasons to get them spayed because I will win this battle!

And any other reasons please!
( no lectures though please because id do it in the blink of an eye if they'd allow me!

Thanks nd sorry for the long post, congratulations if you got this far :lol:

If you have them spayed - and then re-bond in a neutral area, following all the advice available here, you should be fine.

If you don't have them spayed you will never be able to put them back together.

Hope that is what you wanted to know.

If you have them spayed - and then re-bond in a neutral area, following all the advice available here, you should be fine.

If you don't have them spayed you will never be able to put them back together.

Hope that is what you wanted to know.

Thanks
I just wanted to know because they're sisters and apparently its harder to put them back together again once they've been split!
So this really goes with my argument for

Back