• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting advise needed

pippa

Young Bun
Hiya guys
I just need a bit advice I have sisters who are just over 4 months old they have had a fight this morning properb=to? @6screams fluff everywhere :-(

7e9yvy4e.jpg

Binky got a bloody noise
I seperated them cleaned Binky up
I then popped them on the sofa they seem OK bluebell is lickin Binky
any ideas shall I pop them back in the room or keep them separately? They seemed fine till I put there food down! :-(

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Once the hormones hit and they start fighting it's unlikely to stop until they're spayed, so I'd keep them separate until they're spayed and healed and then re-bond them.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/18/be6y8agu.jpg[/IMg

OK thanks for the advice! This is them a hour later bless them

I agree with BattleKat. Separte, spay and rebond.

I had to do this with my non-rescue bucks, Frosty and Snowflake. They are now happy as half of a quad with lovely Tessie and Daisy.

OK will do that, is it between 5-6 months they can be spayed,?

Really upset me to see them fight! And hear them scream! :thumb down they are all snuggled now on the sofa but will go and buy a separate cage in a bit!
Thanks pippa

Yes hun well I say yes I had there vacation done and she said they where girls! Maybe I mite make a trip to the vets just to double check

They could just be fighting over food, mine do and they are both spayed and they're sisters. They are 2.5 years old now and still have spats. They're a bit young for their hormones to have kicked in although it is spring now as well and 'spring fever' does exist, so you never know. If they're all lovey-dovey again I'd be a bit tentative about separating them; see how they go until you put food down again. Do you scatter feed or put it in a bowl? If it's the latter they could be fighting for dominance over the bowl, so scatter it about instead. If you already do scatter feed, then it still could be just dominance over the food so you may need to separate them just to feed them. Worth a shot before you split them up as bonds are sometimes hard to fix (though not always the case).

Thanks angie! I have done what you said and scattered the food has helped a lot they are free range all day until I go to bed so have separated them at night but put the cages next to each other so fingers crossed they will stay happy until they are old enough to be spayed, :)

Back