• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foraging question!

Neve

Warren Scout
hi guys :wave:, I've been doing some foraging the past couple of days and plan to dry some of it for the winter but i need to know how you store the forage once dried ... all past attempts have gone mouldy :roll:

How have you attempted to store it? Was it completely dried out, ie no moistness left at all

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

ive tried storing it in cardboard boxes betweens layers of kitchen roll in bags the only way i found that works is layed out on mesh plastic trays but this takes up to much room and would never be able to store a whole winters worth of forage like this :lol: . as to whether they were dried as far as i am aware they were but if any of they above are the correct way to store then i guess not. :lol:

I would guess they weren't dried out enough. I store things in plastic drawers, they aren't air tight but don't exactly have masses of ventilation either. The only thing I've had go mouldy in there were pea pods which weren't dry enough.

You want them to be so dry they turn crispy and brittle. If you scrunched them up in your hand they'd just disintergrate.

Last edited:
Back