• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Living next to one another

Laurachook

New Kit
My buck is 2 weeks post neuter and I've seen a lovely doe up for adoption near to where I live. Until I get her neutered would it be ok to house her in a separate hutch next to his so that they can see one another? Then I hope to be able to bond them once she's been neutered too.

Personally I wouldn't risk it until his hormones have died down - you could risk ruining any hopes of bonding them. If you reserve the female and pay, could the rescue spay the female so she will be ready for bonding when he is?

I'm adopting from someone that doesn't want their rabbit anymore. I guess what I could always do is keeping them in hutches away from one another and get her spayed as soon as possible and then hopefully in a few weeks, move them nearer to one another and let the bonding begin.

I'm adopting from someone that doesn't want their rabbit anymore. I guess what I could always do is keeping them in hutches away from one another and get her spayed as soon as possible and then hopefully in a few weeks, move them nearer to one another and let the bonding begin.

This sounds like the sensible thing to do. Good luck with it :)

Sorry, thought you were adopting from a Rescue.
Sounds a good plan! Remember, of course, to bond in a completely neutral area.

Back