• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Hutch Man

They are lovely :love:

Only thing I would say is that when making for rabbits, make sure the actual hutch height (excluding legs) is a minimum of 2ft, in order to meet welfare guidelines. This is so they can periscope fully without their ears touching the roof.

Looks like nice strong wood. I really like the idea of the fold-away run, especially in bigger sizes. I imagine there is a limit to how long the run can be though, due to the fact it is folding away, do you think the design would allow 6ft or 8ft runs?

Hi i can make a 6ft x 2ft hutch sitting on 2ft legs with a fixed folding run. Open the run would be 6ft x 6ft as the hutch is 2ft deep.
I can also do a 8ft x 2ft hutch sitting on 2ft legs with a fixed folding run. Open the run would be 8ft x 8ft as the hutch is 2ft deep.

They are lovely :love:

Only thing I would say is that when making for rabbits, make sure the actual hutch height (excluding legs) is a minimum of 2ft, in order to meet welfare guidelines. This is so they can periscope fully without their ears touching the roof.

Looks like nice strong wood. I really like the idea of the fold-away run, especially in bigger sizes. I imagine there is a limit to how long the run can be though, due to the fact it is folding away, do you think the design would allow 6ft or 8ft runs?

Hello yes sure i will change the height to make sure the hutch has the full 2ft internally that is required.

Last edited:
These are lovely and considering I am only a 30 minute drive from Chelmsford I may well be ordering from you in the near future. Do you have a rough idea on prices?? Probably need a 7 or 8ft on legs later in the year.

I charge
£120 for a 5ft x 2ft on 15" legs
£150 for a 6ft x 2ft on 15" legs
£180 for a 7ft x 2ft on 15" legs
£230 for a 8ft x 2ft on 15" legs

I can do any size leg and yes these are really heavy and really strong hutches.

Last edited:
Loving your work, do you do two tiered hutches? I would be tempted to drive from Leeds to buy one, really sturdy looking :D

Loving your work, do you do two tiered hutches? I would be tempted to drive from Leeds to buy one, really sturdy looking :D

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am just about to finish a double play hutch with a combined storage area and run at the bottom.
Standing 6ft high x 5ft wide x 2ft deep. It is on 2ft legs that are wired all around with double doors for access.

It has a 2ft high x 2ft deep x 5ft hutch in the centre with a large fixed ramp leading up to a smaller area with a storage cupboard next to it.
There is also another hole leading down with a folding ramp from the main hutch to the run below.

There will also be extra run panels that can be folded away when not in use that you can attach to the bottom legs.
The run will be 5ft wide x 4ft deep x 2ft high.
As soon as it's finished i will put an image on for you all.

Sorry yes i can make these for you.

Last edited:
The hutches look great quality, I really like the hutch with folding run idea :thumb: all my little ones are housed at the moment but if I need new ones I will keep you in mind :)

These look amazing- do you make playhouse style hutches at all?

I'm debating how long my bunningham palace will last- and what could replace it- I love the folding runs for easy clean access.

Also how much is delivery to Leicester?
Thanks

Hi Hutch Man, I just tried to send you a message on here to order a hutch but it seems your private messages are full. :)

Edit: I've sent an email to the address on your instagram account, hope that's the correct one!

Last edited:
Back