• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding query

merryandpippin

Young Bun
Hi merry and Cassie are newly bonded by a rabbit rescue centre three days ago. I brought them home yesterday and starting in small space to slowly build up.

Cassie is thumping and merry chasing and a little bit of hair pulling from time to time but between all of this they groom each other.

What should I be doing?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It sounds like they are bonding slowly, so unless they start fighting just carry on as you are for a few more days. Then you can reassess the situation. Good luck.

Agree, keep everything the same until the thumping and chasing stops and then very slowly increase the space. With moving back home they are just re-establishing top bun in the new territory, but hopefully it won't last long. From my experience you can move too fast when bonding, but you can't really go too slow, so slow and steady is the best way to proceed. Good luck :thumb:

Back