• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on bonding

Hoping someone can help. I have been asked to attempt to bond a pair of rabbits (neutered doe & buck) with a neutered doe. I put the 3 of them in a nuetral room but then the bonded pair started to fight with hair flying everywhere so I stopped as the worst case scenario is then the bonded pair will fall out and I dont want to be handing back 3 singles.
I was also told when their owners partner dropped them off that they had attempted it themselves a while ago resulting in blood been drawn. Have I done the right thing deciding that this is not going to work ??

When you put them in the neutral room were they all free range? Did you notice which of the bonded pair started the fight?

In some cases bonding is more successful if you put the bunnies in a small space such as a puppy pen say 4 x 2. This kind of forces them together with nowhere to hide etc.

Back