• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bluebelle's in heat?

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
Hello :wave:

Bluebelle has been hormonal for about 4 or 5 days then just there I noticed a pee, but it was pinky red colour.. is this her starting her first heat? She is only about 3 half months old wee darling. Was wondering how long will she have her 'period' :? And how regular do does have a bleed? Is it every month kind of like us?:?

Rabbits don't have seasons. It's most likely that she is getting hormonal because she is hitting "puberty" in bunny world.

Red/pink pee is usually to do with their diet. Has she had any greens recently?

Really confused so do they not bleed like a dog would? No she had broccoli a couple days ago :?

Rabbits don't have periods.

As vegan bunny has said its often down to diet or hormonal changes :)

Well she is definitely hormonal so maybe thats it. Should I be at all concerned? She isn't bothering Binx too much which I'm thankful for. She is his stalker at the moment, but he never stays mad at her, he's so chilled he tells her off gently, she submits then he grooms her and they snuggle. Il keep an eye on her just incase. So are bunnies fertility allthe time then? Thanks for the advice :D

Not all animals have seasons or "periods". If her pee is odd and she has not had anything new recently then it might be worth getting her checked out by a vet. They can also tell you when she is ready to be spayed..it's usually between 5-6 months depending on breed and size. :)

Don't forget that broccoli, rich grass, carrots, dandelions and many other foods will change the colour of the pee. One of my girls gets red/orange pee from the tiniest amount of dandelions lol.

Well she is definitely hormonal so maybe thats it. Should I be at all concerned? She isn't bothering Binx too much which I'm thankful for. She is his stalker at the moment, but he never stays mad at her, he's so chilled he tells her off gently, she submits then he grooms her and they snuggle. Il keep an eye on her just incase. So are bunnies fertility allthe time then? Thanks for the advice :D

Is Binx neutered?

Not all animals have seasons or "periods". If her pee is odd and she has not had anything new recently then it might be worth getting her checked out by a vet. They can also tell you when she is ready to be spayed..it's usually between 5-6 months depending on breed and size. :)

Don't forget that broccoli, rich grass, carrots, dandelions and many other foods will change the colour of the pee. One of my girls gets red/orange pee from the tiniest amount of dandelions lol.

Oh my friend gave her a little bit of green pepper I just remembered today...... maybe thats it then. Thanks Vengan_Bunny :love:

She was at the vets just the other day, Friday for her vaccinations. My vet won't spay until 6 months.

Yes, most vets like to wait until 6 months to make sure they develop properly etc. Having said that, I suspect Shadowfax was under this age when she was spayed and she is fine, thank god!

Bluebelle could be acting like this because of spring fever too. It's something all rabbits get, but entire (not neutered) buns get it worst of all. Spring is the breeding season for wild rabbits. Rabbits can breed at any time of the year, but spring time is the best time for wildies because there is lots of food around and it's warmer. This causes a big rush of hormones (even in our domestic bunnies) and causes them to go a bit crazy. :lol: Fiver (my boy) is currently humping the girls like hell, Xena is extra grumpy and chasing both Fiver and Shadowfax...and Shadowfax is just really, really happy. :lol:

All this mad behaviour can put stress on bonds, so make sure you keep a close eye on them. Your boy might seem quite tolerant for now, but this may change, especially because Bluebelle is getting to the teenage stage and will probably start pushing her luck and try to dominate him. The does tend to be the dominant buns (not in all cases, though). Any sign of fighting or scuffling and you may have to separate them and reintroduce them after Bluebelle is spayed.

Fingers crossed they are ok. :)

:lol: thankyou il keep a close eye on them. She is annoying him a bit so il seperate them if any fighting happens :D

Back