• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay reccs for fussy eaters please!

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
Jasper doesn't like the hay I get from the farm, nor does he like the P@H timothy stuff. He doesn't like readigrass and I'm not sure what other brands are out there :lol: He doesn't seem to like long strands much though, prefers the shorter chopped stuff if that helps?

The hay experts can send a sample pack of five hay types. I try to change my hay regularly so they don't get bored. I also get dried nettle/blackberry/dandelion which I sprinkle on top of the hay like a cereal topper or I mix them in so they have to dig for them.
I haven't tried it yet but I bought some timothy hay from b&m bargains for £2 for a kg so quite cheap to try.
There's also a few types at p@h to try for them rather than the plain hay.
x

timothyhay.co.uk, Kerbie doesn't like long strands so the bits that are really long I just cut for him. He is very fussy so I sprinkle forage/fiba first sticks and a couple of pellets into the hay and by the time he's found something he has a bit of hay in his mouth! x

I would recommend Timothyhay.co.uk and HayforPets (sample pack is free). Mine won't touch pet-shop hay.

sir

I found out that my bunny ate what he was given when he got hungry enough. He had been pampered with all sorts of treats, by his previous owner, during his first 9 months of life. She even fed him on pellets to fatten him up saying how cuddly he was. But never fed on hay. I threw away the bag of pellets she gave me. He now eats hay with gusto. He does get meadow hay, and readigrass. But still likes best the fresh veg which he gets twice a day, or more when my friends decide to feed him behind my back. He was obese when he first arrived only fit for the cooking pot, but now is a slim fit specimen, But I can not eat ice cream or chocolate, or any sweet smelling food in the living room where we live, because he remembers the smell, and goes mad trying to get some.

Thanks guys! We used to order from Hay for Pets but then we started getting it from the local farm store. I guess now we have 3 buns it might be easier to get one big bundle again, instead of several small ones :lol:

Back