• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possible bullying?

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
jack and daisy have been bonded for a few years and were house bunnies but due to hubby's hay fever, they've recently moved outside. They have a double 6x2x2 hutch with a permanent run attached via a runaround system. In these few weeks, daisy has become increasingly dominant over jack. She wont let him do anything, without nipping him and pulling fur which sends him running away. If she comes near him, he puts his head down and wont move until she nips him or moves away. He seems really unhappy. The thing that's making me think its gone beyond her being top bunny is that daisy was ill a few weeks ago and was very quiet and subdued. Jack suddenly got his personality back and was inquisitive and confident. Something that doesn't happen when daisy is about.

What do i do? I don't want to single bunnies and don't have space to rebond them both. However, i don't want jack to be scared and unhappy either.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Are you sure its not just spring fever? Frosty (head of the quad) will nip the others out of the way at food time and will pull clumps of their fur.

My two pairs both chase at food time as well.

Unless its a full on fight you may well be able to rebond in neutral territory.

Obviously I dont know exactly why you separated, so this may not be relevent!!!

Ah, spring fever! I didn't think of that!!! They are still bonded. When daisy was ill, they still shared a hutch but daisy was quiet in her bed and jack was more explorative than usual. Will give it a few weeks to see if it settles!

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

My two have had lots of chasing recently... reckon spring fever is rife!!,

Back