• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clicker training tips?

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I want to start clicker training with Levi and Daisy. I have a clicker and I've read some
Online stuff about how to start, but when I tried it with them yesterday I struggled to get their attention, they were too interested in exploring the kitchen. Haha. I was using dried pea as the 'treat' because I thought it was the healthiest option if I'm having to give quite a few but now I'm wondering if I need something nicer to actually get them interested...does anyone have any tips?

You could let them explore for a while before starting training. They may be less fascinated by the kitchen by then.

Never heard of dried peas for rabbits so not sure about that one.

Bet fenugreek crunchies would go down well, or pellets.

I will be interested to see how you get on. Good luck :wave:

You could let them explore for a while before starting training. They may be less fascinated by the kitchen by then.

Never heard of dried peas for rabbits so not sure about that one.

Bet fenugreek crunchies would go down well, or pellets.

I will be interested to see how you get on. Good luck :wave:

The dried peas are like what you sometimes get in muesli mixes, they are light green and flat. I think I'll up the game next time with something more exciting and see how I get on. Plus I think maybe the kitchen was too large a space, hopefully they'll be more interested next time! :)

Back