• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisies.

luna

Mama Doe
I'm just wondering is it safe for bunnies to eat daisies ? My son brought some in for Bobby and Rosie earlier and the bunnies have been fine but just want to double check as it would be lovely for Dylan to be able to pick them along with grass on a regular basis :) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

The regular tiny daisies you get in the lawn aren't rabbit safe as such, but I'm pretty sure mine have eaten them at some point or another whilst in the run, and I'm sure I've seen posts before when they've been eaten. I wouldn't pick them specially to feed them, but I wouldn't worry if they've had a few. how about getting him to pick dandelions instead, mine love the leaves and the flowers of dandelions :thumb:

I think previous threads have been pretty split about whether or not they're safe too. I've seen them on safe lists and also on the unsafe list on other sites but there are so many types of daisy that it's hard to tell which ones the lists are referring to.

My bunnies have nibbled the odd daisy or few from the lawn over the years but I wouldn't pick them specifically (purely because I'm not 100% sure either way).

mine eat the odd flower but always leave the leaves. I'm not particularly worried about the odd one while they're grazing but wouldn't deliberately feed them, myself.
Perhaps you could try and introduce some flowering weeds that are definitely bunny safe, like forget me nots or herb robert?

Thanks for that :)

We don't have many dandelions in the garden yet but I would say we will be seeing more over the coming weeks :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Back